2.5

JACEA CASERO

"No, how did we lose to a girl?" Aro looks in awe. Noah's facial expression is blank. Not one emotion spilling from him.

"Nah, that was skill," Hunter comments, scrolling through his phone.

Was he talking to himself? Or to us?

Aro still looks confused as fuck. Ha! That's what happens when you judge a girl.

"You turned perfectly and didn't crash once."

"I thought you didn't play these games," Aro questions turning to me.

"I've never mentioned anything about whether I have or haven't played," I say, trying to remember our conversation from before. I wouldn't lie about something like that. "I used to play these types of games quite a lot."

"We can tell, anyway boys time to go and get yourselves presentable for tonight. Unless you want Lexen tying each of your nooses," Hunter stands, opening the door waiting for them to leave.

He just threatened them boys using Lexen. Wow. Who is this Lexen? The boys make him sound scary, but I will be the judge of that.

Aro stands, turning to me with a handout. "See you soon, Princess," I shake his hand. I won't lie, the nickname is beyond anything I've ever been given but... I kind of like it.

Although he's probably calling me it because he doesn't remember my name.

"It's Jacea," I inform and he nods before walking out the door. Noah follows after him without a word to me, but he's keeps eye contact. Wow, he's gorgeous too.

Wait, What?

I blink aggressively and turn my face from the door. I hear Noah scowl and the office door closes.

Great. Now I've pissed off the sociopath.

"Well that was interesting," Hunter huffs, walking back to the sofa.

"What was?"

"Well to be honest... I wasn't expecting you to beat the boys."

"So, what are you trying to get at?" I ask, getting a bit offended.

"Nothing, jeez do you British people take things so seriously. I just meant that the boys are always on the console playing that game when there not working and you just beat them like it was nothing."

"What is this work?" There's no way I'm going to end up with a job tonight without knowing exactly what I'm signing up for.

"Ohh, you will find out later..." Hunter speaks avoiding eye contact. "Help me tidy up?" he asks.

Nodding my head, I help him tidy his office. It's mainly just the controllers that need to be moved but also the bean bags Noah and Aro were leaning on.

My phone begins to buzz, Hunter holds it up. Mum's calling. I take it from him and slip into the bathroom.

"Hey, mum," I say sweetly, closing the door so Hunter doesn't hear so much.

"Hey, are you alone?" She hesitantly asks.

"Yes!" I whisper-shout.

"Okay, so I will be fast. There is a document showing all of my details from before you were born, I need you to remove it." I'm desperate to know what's in it, but this is my mum she won't tell me straight away. I need to earn it. So, I have to play along.