3.5

JACEA CASERO

I sit on a circular table with Noah, Aro, Camila, Hunter (who's still looking at me as if he hates me). And a few other people I don't recognise. Except for two. One is the gorgeous dark-haired boy I saw from afar when I was walking with Noah. The other looks like someone I knew from London, one of Adrien's type of friends.

"Hey, I recognise you from somewhere. Do we know each other by any chance?" The guy I thought I recognised says, looking at me.

"I recognise you too, what's your name?" I ask him.

"I'm Daniel Gregodi, and you're Jacea Casero, right?" Fuck, I remember him now.

"Yeah," I reply because let me be honest. I don't know my last name anymore. Am I Casero? Lockwood? Casero-Lockwood? I'm going to need this conversation with Christopher later.

"I remember your friends with Adrien, right?"

"Yes, I am."

"Yeah, me and you hung out at the F-B two years ago, didn't we?" I haven't thought about that place in a long time.

The F-B is this sort of challenge that holds lots of illegal competitions. Let's just say, I'm a reigning champion.

"Yeah, I remember you almost died, what got you moving to LA? It's quite a step from London?" I feel everyone on our table leaning closer to hear our conversation.

"Yeah, well umm. Let's not talk about that," he says, letting out a breathless laugh. "Hey, I saw you in your dance show too." I look to Hunter and Aro, fucking hell they look like there watching porn for the first time. That face, mid-smile, and shock.

"It was a drama show but there was dance, I didn't know Adriens mates came," I say looking back at him.

"Yeah and it was on your Instagram, wasn't it?"

"Still on Instagram." Me and Daniel smile at each other.

Before we can continue our conversation, our food is given to us. I don't know what it is, but there's chicken and gravy so I'm not complaining.

Soon after we are given desserts. Cheesecake. Delicious.

"So, Jacea we think you should meet your new boss," Noah starts with a cruel smile and the whole table turns to look at him. Hunters making a face as if I should do exactly what he told me before.

"I don't think I want to; I don't like people in control of me. And I haven't agreed to work for anyone," I say, giving a sarcastically sweet smile and going back to my cheesecake. "Also, when I do meet this boss, I will tell him the exact same thing, because I am not in the mood to put up with his pathetic shit." He probably spends his free time fucking girls under the roof of whatever expensive sports car he owns.

"Thanks," the gorgeous dark-haired boy, who I saw when I was walking with Noah, starts with a smirk. "Only you will be working, you have no choice."

"You're welcome," I reply, going back to my cheesecake. "You don't need me, I'm useless," I say, and I feel Daniel snigger. Shit, he's about to say something.

"And I am more than entitled to believe you, but I have been ordered to have you as a part of this." Let me not lie, his eyes, fuck, they are like storm clouds.

Daniel clears his throat. "To be honest Jace, they need you." He says and all the boys look at him. "You have skills they wish they had."

The other boys laugh. And I can't help but clench my jaw, to stop myself from overreacting. My job is to act like an innocent princess and get away with my amazing skills. Daniel is going to ruin my chances if he keeps talking.

I look at Lexen. That's his name, right? He's looking at me. All of a sudden my breath catches. I can't breathe. Camila touches my shoulder and I turn to her. Now I can breathe. What the fuck was that?

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yeah," I smile, turning back to Aro, Noah and Hunter. Then finally back to Lexen.

"Lexen, right?"

"Mr Blackmore to you."

Blackmore? He's the oldest? He's the one I have to seduce? Fuck, this is going to be a difficult journey.

"Fine. Lexen Blackmore, I will do it. But you are not in charge of me. No orders. Just suggestions." My eyes fix onto Hunter's face. Did I mention he's still wearing his sunglasses? He wasn't when we were talking but he's got them on now.

"Whatever you say Cielito," Lexen answers and then we are left in silence. I look back to him, his face answers everything. He doesn't believe anything I've just said. What have I done in life to deserve this? And what the fuck did he just call me? Cielito? That can't be English.

"So, are you two part of this group?" I ask Camila and Daniel and they both laugh.

"You're kidding right? Only the oldest kid of the five families is part of it," Camila says quietly while the other boys have a conversation. The boys are doing something on their phones, but I can see Noah sneakily looking at Lexens one.

"Hmm, I'm not going to ask any other questions. I probably don't want to know."

"That's for the best."

"Ooo Lexen," I hear Noah tease and I look at him and then Lexen. Lexen's looking at me. I turn to Hunter and he gives me an apologetic smile. Ugh, whatever. I smile back and continue talking to Camila and Daniel.