8.5

JACEA LOCKWOOD

Once politics class is finally over, it's lunch time and Aro is dragging into the food hall which shouldn't even be called a food hall. It's like a fucking restaurant. Fuck me sideways. Why couldn't I have been rich growing up? I feel stupid for even thinking that, but you can't blame me, everyone when they were younger dreamed about being rich. I wanted to be rich just for books and clothes, but others wanted it for cars, homes. And I don't blame them it opens up so many doors for life.

That's when it hits like a fucking brick wall. I'm not here to stay. I will be gone in less than a year.

"Hey girl, why do you look so down?" Camila asks, when I join her on the table with the rest of the boys. I avoid I contact with them and smile to Camila.

"I'm fine," I lie. And I'm not even being convincing, so much for keeping my barriers up they've tumbled down like a dead man. The line 'I'm fine' is stupid, it's a way of saying I'm not okay but I don't want to talk about it. I groan putting my head on the table. If anyone on the table believed I was fine they definitely don't now.

"So um, Noah where were you last period because you definitely weren't in Politics," Aro says and I can hear the smile in his voice, this is his way of teasing me. I lift my head from the table to look at Noah. He looks to Aro with a smirk that says all mischief.

"Let's just say my hands were full," he turns to me and winks, I narrow my eyes and rest my head back on the table. His hands were busy?  That gives me the worst image imaginable.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Unknown Number: Training session with me after school.

Me: Who is this?

Probably one of the most cliché things to message to an unknown number but what do you expect me to say, 'sure, pick me up,' and then just find out who they are by that. That could be the route to my death. I look up and make eyes with Lexen he keeps his face straight. The little bitch isn't giving anything away. He looks back to his phone and a few seconds later my phone pings again.

Unknown Number: Noah's coming too.

I frown, why the fuck do I have to do training? I still don't understand the reason I'm here. And it sure as shit isn't for father daughter time.

Me: And if I say no?

I look up to him with a small smile reaching my lips.

Lexen: Then it will be my pleasure to put you over my shoulder and take you there then I will lock you in the room, so you're forced to train with us.

Now he's the one with a smirk on his face, I look to Noah, but he's seems completely unaware to mine and Lexens silent convo, Aro on the other hand is watching us with an amused smile. Little Dick.

"Hey guys, Jacea this is Dayton," Hunter says sitting next to my while Dayton sits next to Lexen. Dayton looks like a bad boy; he's got tatts and piercings just like Noah, but he wears a pair of glasses that gives him a bit of a nerdy affect. He smiles at me.

"Pleasure to meet you," Dayton says in an attempted English accent. I roll my eyes this is never going to go.

"The feeling is mutual Dayton," I reply in a fake American accent that actually sounds natural. I guess some of my acting classes were worth it. Dayton looks almost shocked, almost as if he's questioning if I'm actually British. A soft laugh escapes me, and soon enough Dayton and Hunter are joining me.

"So New Girl, what do you say? "Noah starts and I look at him, confused. What's he on about?

"What do I say about what?"