11.0

JACEA CASERO

"Hey girl," Camila shouts as I slide into the passenger seat of her car. I smile at her and turn to the window as she makes her way out of our gated area. I don't feel in the mood to talk today. Something about my conversation with Adrien has left me feeling empty. But with Camila playing her music and singing seems to fix it a bit. It might be just me, but she seems so be a bit too happy. Like she's trying to forget something?

"You are awfully happy today; might I ask why?" I give her a reassuring smile, even though I'm not one hundred person myself today I still want to check that she is. We stop at a red light and she stops her music. I hear her sniffle and she looks to me; one hundred different emotions show on her face. "Cam... what's wrong?" A single tear runs down her cheek and all I want to do is pull her into a hug. The light soon turns green and we start to move.

"Well... do you remember that thing with Stephanie and Harley yesterday?" I nod and she sniffles again. "The rest of the girls has taken that as me taking sides with the enemy. They started posting all this horrible shit online... they've cut me off are putting me as a person who doesn't deserve to exist."  My jaw drops, how could they be so terrible! I know how this feels to cut from everyone. But I hate the fact that I was the one that's caused her this pain. She doesn't deserve this. She's kind, beautiful and smart. No person with a heart so pure should be treated like this. If I had went on my phone instead of going to bed last night, I could've been there for her. To reassure her that. She doesn't need them, she has me.

More tears come down her eyes and I worry that her mascara is going to smudge. She told me that Aro and Hunter dealt with the girls and gave them a big speech about bullying and Noah was able to remove everything that was posted online, with his family being in charge of social media it was gone fast enough. But not fast enough that the whole school knows.

When we make it to school, the bell goes off and me and Camila say our goodbyes and go to class. I know I'm not all to blame but I feel so guilty. She's hurt. She's lost everyone she known since kindergarten in one evening. She doesn't deserve this hate.