2.0

JACEA CASERO

When I enter Hunter's office, I am not at all surprised to see all of the expensive technology scattered carelessly in the big room. There's a wall full of windows showcasing the landscape of LA. And a big screen TV with a sofa... unique. Not something you see in an office. But he is a teenager so maybe it's acceptable.

"There's a bathroom through that door, go get yourself changed," Hunter says becoming a bit bossy, I guess he can't stand seeing me in a public-school uniform. I never got a chance to change, so I was stuck in that horrible uniform for that whole flight.

I turn to him and see a sheepish smile on his face. I have only just met the guy and he already seems like a different person to anyone I have ever met. He's got the whole schoolboy and businessman merged together. Bossy and Playful. The perfect mix.

Okay. I need to stop.

"Do you have a charger? My phone died during the flight and I promised my mum I would message her."

"Sure, here," he takes my phone from my hand and plugs it in at his desk.

"Thank you, so how come you have an office here? Your family has nothing to do with the bank." Before I could let him answer I walked into the bathroom and began to change. I take out the clothes from the bag.

"Well, we are all part of this big company called Teradyne, we have Lockwood, which is the bank, Davenport which is Designer, Bellamy which is finance, Brannigan which is Social Media and Blackmore which is part of all of them and Vehicles."

"Yeah, I've heard of them," I say inspecting my 'clothes.' Wait, what? This is hardly even clothes! "Uhhh. Hunter, I don't think this clothing is acceptable for a dinner party." I put the dress on in case I'm judging the length without actually testing it. But the length seems even shorter. This black mid-thigh dress with a low-cut V-neck with bits of string that crosses it so that the low cut isn't all that bare.

"If you were given it then it's acceptable," Hunter comments, sounding intrigued by my words. "Come out let me see it."

"Let me put the shoes one." Grabbing the bag, I pull out two knee-high boot heels.
Are you joking, I am going to look like a stripper.

"Ha, I highly doubt that," Hunter replies.

Did I say that out loud?

I put on the shoes and get ready to take my first step outside the bathroom. When I open the door, I see Hunter right there...

"Wow, I uhm..." Hunter says, staring at me like... I don't know what it's like but it's scaring me a bit.

"I don't think this is acceptable for a dinner party, I think we should get different clothes," I say, moving past him to sit on the sofa. "I literally look like a hooker."

"Maybe that's a good thing."

What!?

Before I could retaliate a knock sounded out the door.

"Ahh, there you are, don't you look dashing in that suit..." a young woman giggles, running into the room and kissing Hunter on the cheek. "You must be Jacea, a pleasure to meet you, ah... you got the outfit. I hope you like it. Hunter, don't you think she could be the next model for our company." The young woman says turning to look at me. She must be part of the Davenport company. Maybe the photographer?

"Maybe but she needs some makeup."

Wow, thanks, Hunter!

"Oh, she didn't get any?"