5.5

JACEA CASERO

It's been half an hour in this car with Lexen and he hasn't said a word. He hasn't even acknowledged me. A loud and breathless sigh escapes from me.

That must've got his attention.

"You can put music on, if you want," Lexens deep voice cuts through our silence like a fucking knife making me shiver. I turn my face from the window and look at him. He keeps his eyes dead on the road.

I don't say anything.

The car stops at a red light and he finally turns to look at me. Getting his phone and opening it onto the music app and passing it to me. "Pick something, we've got another hour till we get there so you might as well enjoy the ride." I narrow my eyes on him taking his phone from his hand.

I go onto his downloaded music to see thousands of songs. All the 2010s songs that I grew up with. Some songs that recently came out but hardly any. I decide to just press shuffle and the song "love the way you lie by Rihanna" automatically starts playing from the car speakers. I start to put my finger onto the skip button but before I can Lexen grabs his phone and puts it down.

This song gives me too many memories to even comprehend.

I used to dance in the pub when I was young to this song while my mum worked her shifts. Probably not the most motherly thing to encourage but to be honest I was - and still am - quite the stubborn child. I like to get my own way.

When the song ends and something really upbeat plays, Lexen speeds up on the motorway and I feel the vibration of the engine on my seat. Fuck, am I enjoying myself?

As much as I am loving this... I can't enjoy this. I need to play him. At the end of this, he will hate me, or I will be dead. I can deal with him hating me. I will be on the other side of the world afterwards.

"Are you alright?" Lexen looks at me, as if he's assessing me intently... That's when I realise that I'm tearing up. For the first time in a year. I'm crying. His hand moves up to my face and that's when I realise, we've stopped moving. We're parked in front of this big black gate with two men dressed in suits outside. I move my face out of his hand and turn myself so he can't see me.

Lexen shows his ID and the car starts to move again.

I wipe away my tears and act as if nothing has happened.

I'm now Jacea Casero disguised as princess Jacea Lockwood. I will make them believe. When Lexen parks he moves over to my side of the car opening the door with his hand out. I get out of the car, ignoring his hand and walk past him to get closer to the house.

When I get to the front door and turn to see Lexen in the same place his hand now in his pocket, but no fucking expression.

"Just gonna stand there?" I gripe, seeing a perplexed look grow across his pretty features for a good two seconds. That's all I wanted. A reaction. I smile a smile that says, I'm a bitch get used to it, and I walk into my new house.