🍰【f i f t y t w o】🍰

"Jeno, are you ready?" Jaemin called, smiling when he heard a soft 'mhm a'most

"Jeno, are you ready?" Jaemin called, smiling when he heard a soft 'mhm a'most.' from the room. He looked down at the completed coloring pages on the table from earlier and smiled, bending down to look closer at Jeno's.

He had colored a picture of two cats cuddling in a basket, one of them a mix of vibrant pink and purple scribbles that trailed outside the lines while the other was colored a sparkling green.

"Okay, we can go now Jaem, I'm ready." Jeno said, pulling a soft red hoodie on over his head as he walked in. Jaemin swore that the hoodie had belonged to him at one point, but it didn't matter. Jeno looked comfy.

"Where are we going?" Jeno asked softly, holding Jaemin's hand tightly as they made their way down the apartment stairs. Jaemin smiled at the older's soft voice, finding it comforting. They hadn't left the house much since the incident so feeling Jeno's hand in his was reassuring.

"We're going to the park. Haechan, Renjun, and Minjun are gonna meet us there for lunch." Jeno nodded slowly, feeling a smile spread across his face as they made their way outside."That's nice... It's really pretty out today." Jeno observed allowed, looking around them. He wasn't wrong. It was a beautiful day. The sun was high in the bright blue sky, only a few scarce clouds hung in the air. it wasn't windy but a small breeze was blowing, making the trees sway. There were those iconic birds chirping as they do in every K-drama, but despite the beauty of the day, Jaemin couldn't help the paranoia that seized him as they walked down the sidewalk. He had decided they would walk to the park since it wasn't far, but he was beginning to regret that as they passed more people, more prying eyes, more swinging hands that could reach out and rip Jeno from his life all over again. He knew that it was justifiable. Considering all that they had been through it made sense that he would be skeptical of everyone around him. It was revealed that everyone he thought he knew, everyone he thought he could trust was working against him. They were all just a part of some elaborate scheme to take Jeno away from him, and if that had succeeded once what was stopping them from doing it again?

He was.

He was stopping them.

He wouldn't let anyone hurt Jeno ever again.

Jaemin had unknowingly pulled Jeno closer as they walked, eliciting a soft giggle from Jeno who was oblivious to the dark thoughts swarming the younger's head. Jeno began to swing their hands as they got closer and closer to the park, enjoying the warmth from the sun on his skin. Eventually, the park came into view, the place littered with couples and families, people walking their dogs and teenagers causing harmless trouble, and there, in the middle of the park, a blanket was laid out with a small group of three enjoying the sun on it.

"There they are!" Jeno exclaimed, pointing at the spot. Jaemin sighed with relief and began to quicken their pace towards the three.

"Renjun! Haechan!" He shouted. The two looked up, followed by their son who looked at them curiously. Once there, Jeno sat down excitedly beside Haechan who had a wiggling Minjun in his lap. Minjun whined and struggled against his Dad's grip.