🍰【s e v e n t e e n】🍰

Jaemin hated hospitals

So as he sat in the waiting room, hands folded together tightly, hunched over crying in the chair he sat in, it was easy to see just how much he was hating every second.

The doctors had rushed Jeno into one of the hospital rooms and told Jaemin that he had to stay in the waiting room.

What scared Jaemin was the idea that whether Jeno lived or died, he was no longer his.

He knew it would happen. The doctors would one way or another find out about Jeno being a little and decide that Jaemin was not suitable to take care of the boy. They would take him away from Jaemin forever, put him with a family who would promise to take care of him. He knew how those stories went.

The tears wouldn't stop and neither would the loud sobs that escaped him from where he sat. He didn't care who saw him at this point. He just wanted to see Jeno again.

His sunshine.

He just wanted to see his sunshine.

🍰

"Na Jaemin."

Jaemin's head shot up at the mention of his name. He looked at the doctor expectantly and tried to wipe away the tears that would only be replaced in a matter of seconds by new ones.

"Um, He won't calm down. We need you to calm him down. He keeps asking for you." Jaemin stood quickly and followed the doctor down the winding hallways until the man stopped and opened the large white door leading to where Jeno was.

To see Jeno in this state was heartbreaking.

The wires and cords that they had running off of the older, the IV in his wrist, the tubes going to his nose to assist his breathing, the bloody bandages on the olders shoulder, the tiredness and fatigue in his eyes. He looked at Jaemin with so much relief that it hurt the younger. Jeno managed a smile and his eyes turned into crescents.

"Nana.." He whispered, his body visibly relaxing as Jaemin walked forward. He sat in the chair beside Jeno's bed and held the olders hand.

"Jeno I'm so sorry... Baby, I'm sorry.." The doctor left the two, figuring he should give them their space. "Jeno I promise we'll be fine... I-I promise I won't let them take you..." Jeno shook his head slowly.

"Jaemin, I know we'll be fine... We always find a way...."

The silence that fell over them caused Jaemin to begin to cry once more. Jeno closed his eyes slowly.

"Jaemin.." The younger looked up at the sleepy boy. "Can you sing me a song?" He asked with a yawn. Jaemin took a shaky breath.

"You are my sunshine.." Jaemin began. Jeno closed his eyes again and allowed sleep to come to him.

"My only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you..." The tears had gotten worst and his singing was growing weaker as his voice did too.

"Just please don't take,
my sunshine
away..."

← t b c →