🍰【e i g h t e e n】🍰

"Jeno's physical state will repair

"Jeno's physical state will repair. We can promise that he won't die. The bullet didn't hit the bone and you're lucky it didn't but he will be in a cast for a while. We also have already come to the conclusion that his mental state is struggling.." All the relief that had begun to fill Jaemin quickly dried up at those words.

Here it comes.

"We think that Jeno is-"

"A little." Jaemin finished. The doctor tilted his head.

"You knew? And you didn't think to take him to a doctor?" Jaemin sighed.

"You clearly don't understand what we've dealt with the last few days. Some man named Mark Lee wants to take Jeno from me to do some sick experiments on him, I just found out that Jeno's parents were murdered right before his own eyes, my best friend mentally damaged Jeno more than he already was, I don't know what more you want from me!" Jaemin paused and took a step towards the doctor. "You can't take him from me now, we were finally making progress, he needs me! If you take him away and send him off to some mental hospital it will only make things worse. You have to trust me, you cant take him away from me!" Jaemin pleaded, his voice scratchy and strained as tears fell to the floor. The doctor sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Fine, he can stay with you, but only if you promise to get him a therapist and swear to me that you will take care of him as your own son." Jaemin paused. Why was this man so worried about Jeno..?

"Of course, what else do you think I've done all this time."

And from within the small hospital room, Jeno heard all of it as he clutched his stuffed cat.

"Hear that Bongshik? Everything's gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine.."

"Just like he promised...

Right?"

← t b c →