~ Beautiful ~

"ICE HAIR!!!" Minjun yelled excitedly as he bounced up and down beside his papa, watching the hair dye intently.

"That's right Minjunie, uncle smiles wanted him to have ice hair, so it's a surprise for him." Jaemin smiled as Donghyuck explained the situation to the kid who turned to look at Jaemin with a quizzical look.

"But shouldn't your hair color be your choice?" He asked, walking over and crawling onto the chair beside Jaemin, grabbing both of the olders cheeks and squishing them with his tiny hands. "Don't let uncle smiles tell you who to be! You're your own person! You are a strong dependent woman!" He said with a sure nod and Donghyuck let out a loud laugh at that, Renjun walking over and picking up Minjun carefully to sit with him in his lap.

"Minjun, I think you meant independent." Renjun said. Minjun just looked at Donghyuck again with wide eyes.

"I love how that's the part of that sentence that you corrected." Jaemin said blankly, and Renjun smiled smugly, sticking his tongue out at him.

"Okay Minjun, let's go to the beach to see what uncle smiles is up to." Renjun suggested. "We don't wanna be in papa's way while he takes care of the ice hair." Donghyuck hummed as he walked over to give Minjun a kiss on the cheek and Renjun a light peck on the lips.

"But remember, the ice hair is a surprise, so don't say anything about it to Nono." Minjun hummed a small 'mhm!' From where he sat perched in Renjun's arms as the older began to head out the door to bring the boy to the beach, and Donghyuck sighed happily as he watched them go.

"You make me jealous." Jaemin admitted as the older turned around, a smile remaining on his face as he walked back over with the black rubber gloves on to grab the dye.

"Well, having a kid isn't all beautiful charming moments, it's stressful too," Donghyuck warned as he got ready to dye Jaemin's hair the fierce blue he had requested. "And from the looks of things, it'll be like taking care of two kids for you!" The older mentioned with a warm smile, meeting Jaemin's gaze in the bathroom mirror.

"I'm still excited, and nothing you'll say can scare me." Donghyuck hummed as he began to work the color into his hair.

"I don't doubt it."

🍓

"What are you building now?"

"I'm digging a big pit! Do you wanna help me?" Jeno asked as he looked up at Xiaojun who had walked over hand in hand with Minjun, the smaller of the two staring down at the sad beginnings of Jeno's 'big pit' in the sand.

"Well, why d'ya wanna do that?" The eldest asked, sitting down crisscross as Jeno continued to scrape away at the ground with the small shovel he had borrowed from Taeyong. Jeno shrugged.

"I dunno, sounded fun." Jeno answered, pausing to look up with a blink at the older boy who was watching him in confusion. "What?" Xiaojun giggled and stood up.

"Nothin, I'll go get more shovels." he said before making his way over to Taeyong. Minjun watched him go for a moment before looking back down at the small hole in the sand.

"Is it for your enemies?" He asked. Jeno gave a confused sound and tilted his head.

"The pit?"

"Mhm. Is it for catching all the bad guys, like the big scary dragon that you and uncle Nana fought?" Jeno paused at that, staring into the beginnings of his pit. He became more aware of his own breath suddenly, thinking about that big scary dragon again. But, he took a moment, closed his eyes, and steadied his breathing.

No, this pit wasn't for catching bad guys, or for hunting big scary dragons, this pit was just for fun. The dragons and the bad guys could come all they wanted, the pit wouldn't stop them and Jeno knew that, but he would always have his knight in shining armor who would do everything in his power to hunt the dragons and slay the bad guys no matter how scary they were. He smiled and shook his head at the boy.