🍰【t w e n t y s i x】🍰

That night, while Jaemin put Jeno to bed, (or at least tried to help him sleep) Haechan brought Renjun to the living room and they had a talk

"Renjun... What would I have done if I lost you?" Haechan cried as he held Renjun's hands tightly.

"Moved on." Renjun said simply. Haechan looked up and stared into the olders dark gaze.

"Renjun, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself." He said as more tears fell down his face. "I love you so much Renjun.." He continued to cry. Renjun reached forward and took the younger into his arms, holding Haechan as tight as he could.

"I'm so sorry."

And as Renjun heald Haechan as tight as he could, a voice in Haechan's head said something. It was so tiny, but it meant so much.

This is strong.

This relationship, this bond.

This is strong.

We're strong.

🍰

Meanwhile, Jaemin was leading Jeno upstairs quickly. He wanted to talk to Jeno about all this before the olders mind twisted it into something darker than it was.

He put Jeno into their bed (well it might as well be theirs since they've been sharing it for a while) and tucked him in carefully, sitting on the edge of the bed beside the older.

"Jaemin.. W-why was Renjun gonna d-do that?" He asked, looking up at Jaemin with a glittering, saddened gaze, his eyes pleading and desperate. "Was it... Was it my fault?"

Jaemin shook his head quickly.

"No, no baby no. None of this is your fault please don't blame yourself." Jaemin pleaded, reaching out and gently caressing Jeno's face. The older leaned into the touch, a relaxed sigh leaving his mouth as he did.

"Promise me, baby." Jaemin begins, "Promise me that you won't blame yourself for what Renjun just tried to do." Jeno nodded with a sad smile.

"I promise Nana... I promise." He said. Jaemin had a feeling that it wasn't true, but he decided to trust Jeno, ready to stop him if he did try to blame himself later.

"Nana."

"Hmm?"

"Will Injunie be okay?" Jaemin looked up at Jeno who stared back with the stars in his eyes. The younger sighed and moved so he was lying beside Jeno under the covers. He pulled Jeno close to his chest, stopping when he heard a soft whimper escape the boy. He carefully shifted Jeno so that his weight was no longer on his bad shoulder and ran his fingers through the boys hair. Their legs tangled together as Jeno pulled himself impossibly close, clutching Jaemin's shirt in his fists. The younger felt tears wet his shirt where Jeno's face was pressed against him and he moved his hands back to rub circles on his back.