🍰【f i f t y t h r e e】🍰

don't think too much abt the Bank Account reference in here we stan Chogiwanese in this household-

--------

The hospital smelled the same as he always remembered. The strange smell of plastic gloves and cheap kid's toys filling up the lobby. Jaemin didn't miss the way Jeno seemed to dull as they walked up to the counter. It was as if the bright boy beside him had been made to be grayscale, the tight grip he had on the older's hand seeming to be the only thing keeping them in reality.

"Na Jaemin?" Jaemin looked away from his mentally absent lover and to the woman who had just emerged from elsewhere in the hospital. "Chenle can have visitors now." She said with a gentle smile. She seemed kind enough but it didn't change the somber mood that had latched onto the couple. Jaemin tugged Jeno gently along as he followed after the kind nurse who led them easily through the halls.

After a short walk through the winding hospital, they came to the right room, Jeno's grip tightening as he stared at the door. Jaemin turned to him and looked in his eyes reassuringly.

"It'll be alright Jeno. Don't worry." Jaemin soothed softly, bringing up Jeno's hand and kissing it softly. The older nodded, indicating that he was ready to go in.

Jaemin opened the door and walked in, Jeno trailing behind carefully as they left the nurse out in the hallway. She quickly scurried off to help other patients anyways.

The mood in the hospital room was- unexpected for Jaemin and Jeno. While they had been prepared to hear nothing but monotone beeping and bittersweet words, the two boys in the room had a different plan.

Chenle was sat in his hospital bed, his pillows propping him up and a tray sitting over his thighs. On the tray was a deck of Uno cards, Jisung sitting in a chair he had pulled up to the bed and looking intently at the cards in his hand. Chenle was clearly winning, but that didn't seem to matter to the youngest who triumphantly laughed as he put down a draw 4 card.

"Ha! Draw 4 loser!" Jisung said softly- which was strange considering the harsh words he used. Chenle just rolled his eyes and drew 4 cards. He was about to contemplate his new hand when he noticed Jaemin and Jeno in the room. The boy seemed to brighten.

"Jaemin! Jeno!" He exclaimed, setting down his cards on the bedside table and opening his arms for Jeno to come and give him a hug. The latter smiled, walking over happily and returning the affection. Jaemin watched with a smile before looking to Jisung who was stealing glances at Chenle's Uno hand on the bedside table. Jaemin cleared his throat and Jisung looked over guiltily, the older raising a brow at the maknae who chuckled nervously.

"Uhm- Jaemin! Good to see you.." Jisung said with a small smile. Jaemin's rolled his eyes and pulled a chair out from where it resided by the wall, bringing it over near Jisung's and sitting down.

"So, Uno is your game of choice then huh?" Jaemin remarked simply. Jeno pulled out of the hug with Chenle and made his way back over to Jaemin, calmly sitting in the younger's lap and burying his face into his neck. Jaemin just wrapped his arms around the older's waist as he continued his judging towards the deck of cards in front of Chenle. The injured boy shrugged a bit.