~ Departure ~

"Bring me anything else that you wanna take with us." Jaemin said gently to Jeno who was watching him from the couch with wide, curious eyes as the younger played Tetris to make all their things fit in the small suitcases. He nodded, feeling a bit fuzzy as he went into their room and looked around, clutching a small stuffed elephant that Chenle had bought for him at his side. He hummed to himself a bit as he went to the closet and went through some of the clothes, surprised by just how many shirts and outfits Chenle, and Haechan had gotten for him over the span of time where they hung out.

He pulled out a couple of his favorite sweaters and shirts, grabbing some of his most comfortable pants as well and bringing them out to Jaemin with a smile, setting them down gently. Jaemin grinned.

"Thanks, baby. Do you have any toys you wanna take? Maybe some of your stuffies?" He proposed, making the older nod and make his way carefully to what had become his playroom. Bonsik was laying peacefully on his bed and he smiled at the fluffy bean all curled up in the piles of blankets. He walked over to the basket where all of his stuffed animals resided, his collection now spilling out onto the floor a bit as they ran out of space to put them. He went through them all carefully, setting aside some of his favorites as he went. He paused when he picked out a certain stuffed wolf and paused, staring at it for a moment. He knew Jaemin still loved him regardless, but sometimes he wished he was better for the younger, wished he could take care of Jaemin just like how he used to.

He remembered when Jaemin had scrapped his knee and earned a black eye after getting in a fight with a kid over something stupid- he couldn't quite remember what exactly they had fought about, but he remembered carrying a sleeping Jaemin home on his back, laying him down on his bed and carefully treating his injuries with a gentle smile.

Honestly, he was just glad that Jaemin hadn't left him or given up on him after everything that had happened. Most people would've left by now, would've said he caused too many problems and left without a word.

But, Na Jaemin was not most people.

"Hey, Jaem?" Jeno asked as he waddled into the living room with his arms full of plushies. Jaemin hummed as he helped Jeno set them down, the older keeping the stuffed wolf in his hold throughout it all. "Remember back in elementary school when you got in that fight over something?" Jaemin huffed out a chuckle at that and nodded.

"Yea, I do." He said, a faint smile tracing his lips. "Why, what's up?"

"Well, I just- I don't know I just couldn't remember what you two had fought about and it was killing me..." He remarked as he settled himself beside Jaemin who let out a relieved sigh at having the older by his side again. It was such a simple thing that made him feel so full- just having his love by his side made such a mundane task like packing feel so warm. Maybe it was stupid, but if that's what stupid felt like, Jaemin thought he wouldn't mind being an idiot.

"hmm, I can't remember either if I'm honest. But that was quite a day..." Jaemin said with a faint smile as he continued packing. Jeno nodded as he pet the wolfs fur, thinking to himself for a moment as he let Jaemin reminisce in the memories.

"Do you... Do you miss those days too?" Jeno asked hesitantly, his eyes watering a bit as he kept his gaze locked with the stuffed wolf's piercing blue ones. Jaemin hummed.

"Sometimes I do, but only because back then we were safe together, and back then things were a lot less complicated." The younger explained patiently as he finished placing all of the clothing into the suitcase and moved onto the plushies. Jeno sniffed and nodded.

"Me too."

...

"I love you Jeno." Jaemin suddenly said, pausing his actions to look at the older with soft eyes. "I love all of you, no matter what that may look like, no matter what that may include," He reached out and gently lifted Jeno's chin, making the older boy meet his gaze. "okay baby?" He used his thumb to wipe away one of the stray tears that spilled from the olders eyes. Jeno nodded a bit and leaned into the touch, closing his eyes and wondering how he ever got himself a Na Jaemin.