🍰【t h i r t e e n】🍰

Jaemin walked downstairs with a smile as he finished buttoning his shirt

"Alright, Renjun I'm ready. Jeno, be good for... Haechan?" Jaemin said as he looked up and noticed that no one was in the kitchen.

"Jeno? Jeno where are you? Baby?" Jaemin said a bit louder than he intended as panic filled his mind.

He looked everywhere. The living room, Jeno's room, the office, every closet, every bathroom, but still no Jeno.

He called both Renjun and Haechan's phones but no one answered. He even tried calling the museum to see if Renjun had gone to work without him and maybe took Jeno and Haechan too.

But still, there was no one.

He checked the driveway and saw that the car was gone, his being the only one left.

He felt tears fall down his face and his quick breaths made him look like he was having a panic attack.

And he was.

"Jeno?! Jeno where are you, baby!? Please! I just wanna see you again! Where are you?" He cried as he double-checked every room in the house.

"Please.."

🍰

"Renjunie?"

"Hmm."

"Can I call Jaemin? He's g-gonna be so worried about me... I- I'm really scared.." Jeno asked as he cried silently in the back of the car, clutching his toy cat close to his chest and trying to calm his breathing.

"No. It's just as much a surprise for Jaemin as it is for you. He can't know about it because it will ruin the surprise." Jeno looked out his window and watched as cars passed by on the road. It had been raining for a little while and he watched as the cars splashed through the puddles, ruining the shining perfect paint on the exterior of the vehicle.

Jeno looked at Haechan in the driver's seat and saw that the younger was crying, neverending streams of tears falling relentlessly down his cheeks.

"Haechan? Why are you crying?" Haechan took a shaky breath and swallowed.

"I-I'm just-"

"There's a lot happening in Haechan's life right now Jen." Renjun said, placing a hand on Haechan's thigh.

Jeno's gaze darkened a bit.

"I asked Haechan, not you." Renjun looked back at Jeno with surprise and noticed that Jeno had been crying. "Also injunnie, you shouldn't touch uncle Hyuckie there. He's uncomfortable." Jeno said, looking a little angry. Renjun looked over and noticed that Haechan was shaking a bit as he clutched the wheel. Renjun reluctantly removed his hand and went back to looking out his window.

After a little more driving, the car came to a stop in an old parking lot.

"We're here." Renjun said. He got out of the car and opened Jeno's door.