🍰【t w e n t y o n e】🍰

"Haechan

"Haechan.." Renjun began. The tears stinging in his eyes didn't help as he choked out the words that stuck in his throat. His mouth hung open as he searched for the right words and his eyes darted around the floor before he looked up at the boy before him.

Lee Donghyuck.

His friend.

His superhero.

His king.

But above all else, his boyfriend.

"I'm so sorry.." He said, loud aching sobs following his words as he began to cry rivers. "I'm sorry I put you through all of this, and I'm sorry for everything that happened to Jeno a-and his parents and I-I...." He took in a deep breath. "I wish I could go back!!" He yelled suddenly as more tears than either of them thought possible spilled from Renjuns eyes.

"Haechan p-please... D-Donghyuck...... Please don't leave me...." Haechan froze when it registered in his mind what he saw before him- a broken boy, never fully getting to mourn over his mother, never getting to be happy, always putting on a show to pay back debt,

Never getting to love his lover, clouded by the fear of what Mark Lee could do to them.

What Mark Lee had done to them.

And when it clicked, when it registered what he was seeing before him, when he heard the pain in Renjuns pleading voice, he did what mattered most.

He was there for Renjun.

For his lover.

For his baby.

"Renjun, it's okay baby hush..." He whispered as he clutched the boy who remained crying in his hold, clutching Haechan's striped sweater and soaking it with his tears. His eyes burned and his throat screamed from the loud sobs that had escaped him for the last minute.

"I'm s-so sorry Haechan.. I'm so sorry..."

And no matter how much Haechan said it was okay,

"I'm sorry baby I'm sorry..."

No matter how close he held the older,

"I-I'm sorry so sorry........"

Renjun still felt guilt rise in him at what he had done.

What he had done to Jeno, Jeno's parents, Haechan, Jaemin, and his poor mother that Renjun couldn't save.

It was his fault.

It was all his fault.

And Haechan felt his chest tighten at the words that Renjun croaked out as he cried in his sleep that night..

"I'm so sorry Jeno.....

Can you ever forgive me?

Because really, You shouldn't."

← t b c →

AN: Sorry bout the short update, just some quick filler stuffs and minor story stuffs for y'all to know 💕
ILYSM
❤💛💚💙💜