🍰【e i g h t】🍰

"Jaeminie!! You're home!" Jeno exclaimed, excitedly running to the younger when he walked into the kitchen

Jeno and Haechan had spent most of the time coloring and eating strawberries while talking about how Jeno felt about Jaemin.

"That's the thing though uncle Hyuckie, I don't think Jaemin knows how much I love him.." Jeno said with a pout as he drew with the crayons on the printer paper.

"Oh, that's difficult. Sounds to me like Jaemin is dense." Haechan said with a playful smirk. Jeno's giggles ran throughout the kitchen, making the atmosphere around them ever warmer.

"Yeah!" He chuckled. "Jaemin hyung is dense.." Jeno said with a nod as he tried out the new word.

"Of course I am! I made a promise, didn't I?" Jaemin said as he hugged the older back. Jeno showed no sign of letting go anytime soon, so Jaemin set his keys on the counter and let the older stay with his arms wrapped around his torso.

"I missed you." Jeno said, although his voice was soft and muffled as he had his face buried in Jaemin's chest.

Jaemin felt guilt well inside him as memories of him and Renjun earlier filled his mind.

It was wrong.

They knew it was.

Renjun has a boyfriend for god sake.

But he still just pet the olders hair softly.

"I missed you too baby."

Jeno didn't notice it, but Haechan heard the hollowness and guilt in Jaemin's words and didn't fail to notice Renjun's nervous fidgeting and look of slight jealousy as the two hugged.

"Well, I had fun Nono and I'm excited to see you again on Monday, but I'm afraid Renjun and I should go. It's getting late and we still need to have dinner." Dread swept over Haechan's mind as he spoke.

"Oh! Us too Jaeminie! Noodle time!" Jeno exclaimed, pulling away from Jaemin and excitedly sitting on the counter. Haechan smiled at Jeno's cuteness and grabbed his bag off the ground before looking at Renjun, his lips pressed into a thin line.

"Let's go?"

Renjun nodded. He could tell that Haechan wasn't in the mood to argue and could already feel the anger radiating off the younger, the anticipation for the coming lecture growing as they waved goodbye.

Once in the car, Haechan rested his head on the wheel.

"What did you do."

Renjun's eyes widened.

"Nothing! Why are you thinking that I-"

"What did you do Renjun."

Donghyuck asked, a little more firm this time. Renjun sunk in his seat.

"I- We- Nothing Hyuckie, really. Nothing happened. We just went through our shift together and-" Renjun was cut off and his eyes widened as he felt the younger's lips against his. Something about the kiss was unfulfilling to Renjun. A voice somewhere in his mind told him why.

It's not Jaemin.

Renjun scolded himself. Haechan was his boyfriend, not Jaemin. So why was it that as they kissed, Renjun missed the feeling of Jaemin's tender lips?

No.

Haechan is my boyfriend.

I love Haechan.

As the younger pulled away, he noticed the tears on his cheeks.

He was crying.

"You did do something, didn't you.."

Renjun silently let the guilt take hold of him as tears fell down his own face.

"What did you do, huh? Tell me, I can take it. Tell me that you kissed him. Tell me that the mark on his neck was from you. Tell me you love don't love me anymore!" Renjun stayed silent. Haechan scoffed.

"You're just as bad as Mark hyung. But I guess unlike him you don't have the balls to tell my face that you cheated on me."

"I am nothing like Mark! That son of a bitch is nothing like me! You should be grateful Donghyuck! Grateful that at least I haven't left you yet!" Haechan leaned back a bit in his seat as Renjun turned to face him while he yelled. The older raised his hand and Haechan flinched.

"Y-yet..? Renjun... Do you not want me anymore?" The tears fell quickly down Haechan's face, the realization of what he had just said settling into Renjun and his face fell.

"No no no! Hyuckie I'm sorry baby. I'm so so sorry- Please I love you I just- I don't know what got into me. I'm so-"

"I-Its fine Renjun, really... Let's just, go home." Haechan said quietly before starting the engine and pulling out of the driveway.

🍰

"Are noodles ready? Jeno asked curiously from where he sat on the counter, watching as Jaemin moved swiftly from cabinet to cabinet in the kitchen.

"Almost baby. Just a little longer."

"Okay."

Silence fell over them again and Jeno yawned. He was tired after crying earlier, but he wouldn't dare pass up an opportunity for Jaemin's noodles.

"Oh! Nana, I drew something for you!" Jeno said excitedly before hopping off the counter and going to the other counter where his various drawings from that day sat. He rummaged through the pile and got the one that he had made just for the younger.

Jaemin was stirring the noodles in the pot. The burner was off and he was about to put them into a bowl for Jeno but the older ran up beside him.

"Look!" Jaemin looked at the excited Jeno with his little crayon drawing in hand, his brown hair ruffled, and his eyes bright with anticipation.

The drawing was adorable. It was of a little gray cat with a pink sweater next to a fluffy white bunny. The picture looked familiar and that's when Jaemin guiltily remembered the book he had forgotten to get for Jeno.

He had forgotten because of him and Renjun...

"Nana, what's wrong?" Jeno asked, his face falling as he noticed tears falling down Jaemin's face. "Do you not like it?" He asked worriedly.

"No Jeno, it's beautiful..." He said, taking Jeno in his embrace and crying into the olders shoulder.

"Nana, please don't cry. I'm sorry.." Jeno pleaded, hugging the younger back. He didn't know what was wrong, but it hurt him to see Jaemin like this.

"Please love, don't cry..." Jeno said while he rubbed gentle circles on Jaemin's back. His voice was different than his normal childlike one, a bit deeper and softer. It reminded Jaemin of the old Jeno.

"I'm sorry..." Jaemin said with a sniffle as he pulled away. When he did, the look in Jeno's eyes was different. It was more grown-up, the admiration for the younger sparkling in his eyes as he looked at him.

And for a moment a thought crossed Jaemin's mind.

Was that love?

← t b c →