🍰【s i x】🍰

"So, what are we gonna do today Nana?" Jeno asked curiously as he did as told and sat still while Jaemin brushed his fluffy hair

"We're going to go to a Museum." Jaemin said as he looked at Jeno in the mirror. He still couldn't shake the memory of this morning, what he had woken up to was quite the surprise. Never did he imagine Jeno would do something like that, but Jaemin assumed that he had learned it from a TV show or K-Drama.

"Oh! Have I ever been to a Museum...?" Jeno asked curiously. Jaemin shook his head no and Jeno looked satisfied with the answer.

"C'mon, we don't wanna be too late. Some of the exhibits might close!" Jaemin hollered up the stairs. Jeno came running down the stairs, a big smile on his face as he clutched his small toy cat close to his chest. Jaemin smiled at the adorable sight. He had bought the stuffed toy a couple of years ago when Jeno asked if they could get a cat. At the time, Jaemin didn't know if his parents would approve, but now he wondered if maybe he could get one since his parents were never around anyway.

Jeno ran to Jaemin's side, grabbing the youngers hand tightly as they began to walk out of the house.

The car ride there was mostly silent. Jaemin would occasionally glance over to check on Jeno only to see the older looking out the window as he watched the world fly by them outside.

But the silence was broken when the car had to stop in front of a stoplight.

"Jaemin.." Jeno spoke softly, still looking out the window.

"Yes?"

"Is there something wrong with me...." Jeno said, his voice still gentle as he looked down at the stuffed cat in his lap. Jaemin was at a loss for words. What was he supposed to say? Was there anything really wrong with Jeno? Yes, he was different from boys his age, yes he had seen something horrible but was there something horribly wrong with him?

No.

There wasn't.

"Jeno, you are a perfect, handsome boy and there is nothing wrong with you. You just view the world differently from other people. There is nothing wrong with that, and never let anyone tell you otherwise, okay?" Jeno looked out the window and nodded, hiding his face so that Jaemin wouldn't see the tears falling down his face.

The real reason Jaemin wanted to go to this Museum was simple. He had seen some job offers online to work at this place, showing people around and teaching them about the artifacts that resided there. Jeno looked up in awe at the huge building before them, gripping Jaemin's hand tighter. It was a bit intimidating. The idea of going into that huge building, full of people you don't know. But, Jeno was brave and so he followed not far behind Jaemin on their way into the Museum.