🍰【t h r e e】🍰

Jeno looked at the cake on the counter as he waited for Jaemin to come down into the kitchen

Is the cake ready?

That wasn't what he wanted to say.
He wanted to tell Jaemin that he loved him.

Tell him that he was his universe. That he never wanted to leave him.
But he was scared.

What if Jaemin didn't love him like that?

"Is there something on your mind Jeno?" Jaemin asked with concern as he walked into the kitchen. Jeno turned and wore a smile as sweet as the cake on the counter.

"Nope! Everything's fine for me.. I'm just really hungry." He explained, eyeing the cake hungrily. Jaemin smiled his unwavering smile and walked to the fridge, grabbing out a container of premade frosting before getting out the materials required to ice the cake. Jeno began to go where he normally sat on the counter, but Jaemin stopped him.

"Hey, Jeno.. Wanna help frost the cake?" Jeno's eyes widened as he looked at Jaemin, obviously surprised by the offer. He nodded quickly and smiled before heading over to where Jaemin stood by the counter. The excitement in the olders eyes made Jaemin smile.

He kept in mind that he should ask Jeno to help him cook more often.
He set up the tub of frosting, opening it and leaving it on the counter while he turned to get some tools to spread the frosting on the cake.

While Jaemin was turned around, not watching Jeno as he usually did, the older looked at Jaemins back carefully before reaching a finger out-

And dragging it slowly through the frosting.

Once he had a good glob of the sweet pink substance on his finger, he put it in his mouth, tasting the sugary frosting.

And damn did Jeno think it was delicious.

So without checking to see if Jaemin was looking or not, he took more on his fingers, this time taking much more, and ate the large amount on his fingers.

When Jaemin turned and saw what was happening, he couldn't hold back a smile as he saw just how happy and satisfied Jeno looked while he ate it. He put his hands on his hips and shook his head.

Jeno looked up when he remembered Jaemin was in the room and sunk down a bit. Jaemin didn't get angry at him very often but when he did, he sometimes scared Jeno.

Jaemin chuckled at the older who looked embarrassed and put his hands behind his back. Jaemin sighed.

"Now you really have to wash your hands baby. Look at you. You made a mess of yourself!" Jaemin said with a smile. Jeno looked at the ground with a mischievous smile before turning and washing his hands.

Jaemin found it unhygienic to use the frosting Jeno had eaten out of, and so they were lucky that there was more in the fridge. He got the other tub out and opened it. All the while Jeno, who had just washed his hands, watched carefully as the younger picked up one of the small metal spatulas.

"Okay, this is what we're gonna use to spread the frosting, okay? Watch what I do." Jaemin commanded.

Jeno watched in awe as Jaemin scooped up a large amount of frosting with the spatula before spreading it carefully onto the cake. His eyes widened as he watched the pink frosting spreading out magically over the cake. He had always been interested in this process, loving how it seemingly made the whole cake come together.

"My turn!" Jeno said excitedly as he grabbed the other metal spatula. He stuck his tongue out a bit in concentration as he tried to spread the frosting evenly. Jaemin smiled warmly. To say he was proud of Jeno for gaining back his determination to do well was an understatement. He was over the moon.

Jeno could feel pride well in his chest when he noticed Jaemin's eyes on him. He had made Jaemin proud. He had made Jaemin smile.

It felt good.

When he focused back on the cake, he was even prouder. It was nowhere near as good as Jaemin's, who had been frosting cakes for ages, but for a beginner, he thought he did pretty well.

And Jaemin thought so too.

"That's very good Jeno!" The older smiled widely at the comment, his eyes once again going to the familiar crescent shape before he went back to frosting the cake.

It was done in no time. Jaemin smoothed it out a bit after Jeno asked him to and it looked perfect.

Jaemin got out the strawberries from the fridge and set the container on the counter, opening them and grabbing a cutting board from a nearby cabinet. He reached into a drawer and grabbed out a suitable knife before slicing some of the small red fruits in half, decorating the pink cake with them. When he was done he smiled at the outcome.

Another job well done.

"Jaemin... What do we do with all this?" Jeno asked, gesturing to the two containers of frosting that were still out on the counter. Jaemin took the one they had used to frost the cake and put the lid back on the container, sticking the little bit that was left in the fridge.

"As for that one," Jaemin said, pointing at the one that Jeno had eaten out of before. "I'll let you eat a little more out of it." Jeno smiled happily and stuck his fingers into the tub, happily eating the sugary pink frosting.

As Jaemin got out plates for them to eat off of, Jeno got an idea. He had seen someone do this once on TV and remembered the two characters who had done it sharing 'I love you' amongst themselves after. He smiled playfully and decided he would do it to.

He got a small bit of frosting on his finger and walked over beside Jaemin, hiding the hand with the frosting from Jaemin.

The younger turned to look at him with a smile.

"What is it-" in the blink of an eye, Jeno reached out his frosting-covered finger and wiped it on Jaemin's nose. He giggled loudly at Jaemin's surprised expression, before hurrying back to the tub of icing and getting more on his finger, preparing to attack once more.

Soon enough the two boys giggles and Jeno's excited squeals rand throughout the kitchen as they happily chased each other around, smearing frosting all over each others arms and faces. Eventually, Jeno calmed down and he stood happily, that beautiful smile of his shining on his frosting-covered face.

"Now who made a mess, Nana!" Jeno said playfully as Jaemin had him sat in a chair, wiping the frosting off of Jeno's face with a wet washcloth. Jaemin was about to wipe his own face when he felt a soft hand reach up and tug on his shirt sleeve. He looked down at Jeno who stood from the chair.

"Jaeminie, it's your turn now! Sit." The boy commanded, causing Jaemin to smile. He handed the cloth to Jeno and smiled before sitting down on the chair.

As Jeno bent over and began to concentrate on wiping all the frosting off his face, Jaemin took the time to admire Jeno's features. The way his tongue stuck out from his mouth as he focused. The way his soft fluffy brown hair fell over his eyes occasionally. The way his dark orbs focused on every detail of Jaemin's face. Jaemin barely noticed himself leaning ever closer into Jeno as his eyes stayed locked on the olders soft lips.

The boy's soft pink lips hovered inches above Jaemin's, so close that he could feel the boys warm mint breath. Jaemin could practically taste the sweet strawberry lip balm that Jeno wore.

All it took was a little closer.

A small peck on the lips.

It wasn't a lot, the olders soft lips pressing lightly against Jaemin's, barely long enough for Jaemin to feel Jeno's tongue swipe over his bottom lip.

When the older pulled away, he smiled, his eyes doing the same.

"I missed a spot. Now, let's eat!" Jeno exclaimed as he walked back towards the island counter where the cake sat.

← t b c →