Chapter 1: Broken

"Are you sure, you're going to be okay?" Tooth asked.

"I'll be fine. Besides I've been on my own before." Jack replied.

"Okay. I'm just trying to make sure, after...you know." She said, Jack looked down and sighed. Tooth was talking about his loss, the death of Juri.

"But aside from that! I wish you a great time around the Globe!" says Tooth, embracing Jack. He hugged her back, and once they split, he opened a portal to his next stop, which was the Southern Hemisphere. Before he went inside, she yelled, "Don't forget to floss!"

~*~

That was a year and three months ago.

To pass the time, Jack would write a letter, everyday. Each one, was of course, adressed to her. So far, he has written 456 letters, in them he wrote how was his day, what he did, but mostly: how much he missed her, and his love for her. And he would carry a sachel around with him, that contained all the letters he wrote.

Jack remembered the first day Juri died as if it were yesterday. The wound, her last words, and their last kiss. Jack begin to disapoint himself everyday, the promise hadn't been fulfilled. Jack still hasn't found Juri. The day she died, he went into her bedroom and cried. The Guardians didn't bother him, they knew Jack needed time to himself.

As he cried, he made no sound, but just let the tears pour out. She was gone. His heart froze over once again.

He wouldn't be able to see her smile, or laugh, speak, not even see her pass by him saying "Hey Jack!". None of that has happened, nor would he see it happen any time soon. He missed it all, he missed her.

After he had calmed a bit, he had spotted every picture that was displayed in her bedroom. Photos: of her mother and father. The family all together as Juri was an infant. Juri as she was about 5-10 years old photos. And of her now. It made the pain inside him, weigh him down more.

Ever since that day, he held onto the most recent photo of Juri. It was a photo of all the Guardians and her. Each smiling, but hers was the brightest. She sat next to Jack, her arm around him. The next item, was the moonstone ring he gave her oh so long ago. He held onto it, vowing to give it back to her when he finds her.

But that hasn't been done.

He searched high and low, practically around the World. Nothing. But he wasn't going to give up. He'll search again if he has too. Jack loves Juri, he won't ever stop looking until he finds her. Even if she is, dead, he will never give up. Jack won't ever stop loving Juri.

****

His feet crushed the snow below him as he walked throughout the land of Antartica. He needed a small break afterall, and Antartica was the perfect weather he liked it at. His eyes scanned the snow all around him, he didn't know why he hadn't been here in a while; Antarctica was amazing.

'I dreamed a dream, and time gone by... And hope was high, and life, worth living...'

Her voice sang, echoing inside his head.

Jack shut his eye lids tight, clutching his staff and making his hand into a fist. Now he remembered why he didn't come back here often. This is where Juri had almost froze to death, but sang to help Jack find her. This place, just reminded him more that she wasn't by his side. Practically, every turn he took: only reminded him of her, and what she could be doing at that moment with him.

Jack felt a tear slide down his cheek, with that he shot up into the air and quickly flew out of Antarctica.

Jack wasn't hurt by Juri's death; he was broken.