Chapter 33: Caught Like A Fly

Jack and Juri both entered the dining area, arm in arm, in practise for their big day. Jack wore his usual blue hoodie and brown pants, even throughout Juri's protest that it be best if he wore something similar to his suit for the wedding, though he replied that he was 'gonna be wearing this after the wedding so why not wear it here?'. Though, Juri was wearing a mini dress, her usual, but sorta similar to her wedding dress, but not enough to give away what it was going to look like.

(Picture>)

They stepped out of the trees and everyone looked over at them, cheering, congradulating them on their big day tomorrow. The couple couldn't believe it, they were getting married: tomorrow. It was really unexplainable for the two, yet they were so excited. They were going to go home, as husband and wife. Yes home, Juri's old home in Burgess. Juri had contacted the Faerie in Burgess, to which Leukosia helped her in. The Faerie's name is Laila, and she indeed did know her mother Ligeia. Since she lived near, Juri asked her if she has any info on her old home, Laila eventually said that the home is still in tact, and no one has stepped in at all. Due to Andre's co workers wondering on his disappearance, Laila had used some of her Faerie dust and erased their memories of Andre. As for the house, rent was of course to be due, so when the rent wasn't paid, and family gone, the landowners were going to take the belongings and sell the house. But Laila didn't want that to happen, so when she saw them discussing the plans, luckily before they could touch the belongings, Laila erased their memories of the rent and family living once there with dust, and then disguised the home to look like a dogwood tree. No one could see the house, unless if they entered the house or her dust was poured onto it, then you could see it from the outside.

Oh Juri was thankful for this woman's help, and informed her that she was returning with her soon to be husband to live there. Laila wished them the best, and was getting ready for their arrival. North  had a few Yetis head out there with Laila so she get them inside the house to return Juri's belongings she had at the Pole and whatever she was packing in Anthemoessa. Everything was going smoothly for them. They already had their stuff ready to go, a home, and the sleigh up and running. All they needed to do now is get married. Just one more day, and it'll be different. 

The couple sat down on the two chairs that were in the center of the main table of the dining area. There sat Leukosia, North, Bunny, Sandy, Tooth, and Parthenope sitting beside a bruised and cut up Cupid. His arm was covered in a cast along with his leg. Actually, they both noticed that he was sitting in wheelchair too. Jack arched an eyebrow.

"Uhh...so this is what happened to him after he did his 'masterplan'?" He asked to Juri, she sighed.

"Yes...and I really didn't think Parthenope would actually beat up her Syn, I just said chase him off, not beat him to a pulp."

Parthenope slammed down her goblet, "He is not  my Syn. And besides, I didn't do that to him...kind of."

"Ha, what do you mean by kind of?" Jack says smirking.

"I mean, sure I got to him and...pushed him off higher ground...but his fault for letting himself continue rolling down. Thus leading to this." She says, motioning to Cupid.

He scoffed, "This?! This use to be a desirable God of Love. Now I'm just bandages. I'm quite glad Apollo is going to fix me after this rehearsal dinner. I must look my best for Jack and Juri's big day tomorrow, after all, I am their ring barrer remember?"

Juri gazed down, smiling as she blushed. Jack looked over at her, chuckling as he kissed her head. Everyone awed, making her blush more. She looked back up, turning to North.

"Please tell me that Jack will in fact be wearing a suit. Because if I walk down that aisle in a huge dress which by the way: is required to wear a corset under, and he's wearing this," She says, pointing to his hoodie and pants, "I will not hesitate to shoot his big head."