Chapter 2: Will Of The Heart

A roof of a home came close to Jack's sight, finally after quite a while of flying, he sat on the roof with a sigh. If flying was considered walking, Jack was running.

"Juri..." He whispered.

Jack then pulled out a pen and a folded piece of paper that was in his hoodie pocket. He hadn't written a letter today, so he might as well do it right now. He pinned the paper to the flat surface of the roof, the pen then began to write:

Dear Juri,

I visited Antarctica today, heh- bad idea. Antarctica was nice as ever, but it only reminded me of you. Man, where are you? You promised that I would find you, and that you weren't dead. It's been over a year. Nothing. I know I sounds like I'm blaming you, but I would never do that. I guess I'm getting impatient. Funny, it's 300 years since no one could see me, and I lived with that. Until I met you.

I guess, I'm impatient, because: I really do need you Juri. I lived 300 years not being visible to everyone, but I can't even stand a year- a day- without you.

From: Jack

Day 427

He rested his hand, and sighed. Before he could fold up the letter, it flew out of his hands, but something went with it.

"Hey!" He called out. Jack found the letter stuck to an electricity pole, he ripped it off, but noticed that above it: was an arrow pinning it back.

"Hello Jack."

Jack turned, he recognized the voice from past encounters.

"Oh no..." Jack groaned, rolling his eyes. He met face to face yet again to the cocky blonde.

"What are doing here Cupid?"

Cupid pouted, "What? I can't visit an old friend?"

Jack scoffed, folding up the letter and putting it inside his bag. "What friend? If I do remember, you really a pain in the neck for all of us."

"Ah ah. But not on her."

Jack's heart heavied, his eyes lowered to the ground below him. He spun around and began to fly off, "Just go, Cupid!"

"I know what happened to her, Jack." says Cupid, making Jack pause. "And I know, it hurt you deeply."

Jack arched an eye brow at Cupid, "What are you trying to say?"

"What I'm trying to say is: I know how to help you find Juri."

This grabbed Jack's full attention. He turned fully around towards Cupid, and flew closer to the male.

"How then?! Give me answers now Cupid!"

"Woah! Settle down! There are children sleeping you know?"

Jack took a deep breath, letting Cupid continue. Cupid then pulled out an orb, shook it then crushed the object. A portal opened and he pushed Jack through it, walking in himself. Once through, JAck stumbled out and fell on golden ground

"Woah..." He said, as he stared at his surroundings. In front of them was a tall door, but on the sides of the door, was visibly showing parts of the buildings that lied ahead of them. All the building were either made of (mostly) golden or ivory. Even a water fall poured out from the left of them, as the water reached the ground below it all, it dissolved into the clouds.

"Umm..why are we here?" Jack asked as Cupid opened the door, both of them entered.

"To see Apollo of course. Now be quiet, I don't want any of the other Gods to hear us. If they found out Apollo was doing do us this favor, he would probably get kicked off his throne." Cupid whispered back.

As they entered, Jack became more interested in the buildings around him. Cupid had drag him to their destination most of the time. Not one person was around, which surprised Jack.

"How come no one is out?" Jack asked curiously.

"They're all having a meeting in the throne room with Zeus, all but Apollo. Which is why we have to hurry before the meeting ends."

When Cupid stopped in his tracks, signaing Jack that they had reached Apollo's quarters. Rather than a fancy golden tower like Jack expected of the God, it looked more of a beach house than a tower.

"Uhh.." Jack trailed off pointing at the home.

"Apollo likes to act younger than he actually is." Cupid replied.

They reached the front door, and Cupid knocked. After a moment, the door opened to a reveal a sandy blonde haired man with shades, sun kissed skin covered with a white muscle shirt and hunter green pants. The man didn't even look over thirty, he looked more about Jack's age. This was Apollo?, Jack thought.

"Hey Coop! How's it going?" Apollo greeted. He moved aside and let both men inside his home.

"Fine as ever." Cupid replied. "Apollo, this is Jack Frost."

Apollo shook Jack's hand saying, "Ahh, the winter spirit. Also the person that help train Ligeia's daughter right?"

"And..." Cupid added, pulling out a golden arrow from his bag. He smirked as he spun it around.

"I see." Apollo said, "Well Jack, you are lucky to have my and Cupid's help. This is rare, and quite difficult to give out to just anybody."

"What are you going to do, exactly?" asked Jack.

"Apollo may be God of many things, but one of them is truth. Every word that comes out of his mouth, is never a lie. He knows all, and truth. Ask him a question, he'll know." Cupid replies.

"But the thing is, you only can ask one question, and one question only. And it has to specific, so be careful with what you ask." Apollo warned, he sat on his couch, waiting for Jack to ask away.

Jack felt blown away, he could ask the man before him about Juri! And he would know! If she is alive, or where she is? Is she thinking about him? Is she searching for him too? So many questions he wanted to ask, but he had to choose one, and be careful. Jack sighed, then finally decided what to ask,

"Where is, Juriko Seirina Winters, located at right now?"

Apollo answers the question with, "On an island called Anthemoessa."

Jack felt so happy, he wanted yell in joy, but that would only cast attention to them from the other Gods, and that wouldn't be good. This ment Juri was alive, and Jack now knew where she was. But the question is, where is Anthemoessa? He was about to ask, but remembered that he couldn't get another answer from the God.

Apollo noticed this and then offered, "In addition, I'll let you visit my Oracle. She will tell your fate."

They followed him into one of the many rooms of the beach house. Inside the room, was dark and in the middle of the room was a woman. She had wavy brown hair and a throrn crown placed above her head. She wore a silky white toga and she sat on a chair, her head facing down at her lap.

"I have a request." says Apollo to his Oracle.

Her head shot up and she then says, "Yes master?"

Her voice was combined with other multiple voices when she said that. It was the voices of the past Oracles before her. This gave a shill down Jack's spine.

"Tell this one's fate on his new journey." Apollo replies, gesturing to Jack.

"Woah!" Jack yelled when the Oracle snatched hiss hand, pulling him foward. Her fuzy eyes gazed off into space, and with one clear voice, she says.

"You will find what you have been searching for.

Who had been washed up on shore.

But remember well, it is something, you cannot bear:

They do not like to share."

The Oracle's head then dropped down once again.