Chapter 4: This Time

"This is going to be one of the most important searches we have ever done. So keep a sharp eye out boys!" yelled North after they entered the portal to the Mediterrian Sea.

"And lady!" Tooth yelled back, "Oh I can't wait to see Juri's pearly white smile!" She says with a squeal.

"And I can't wait to hear that little wiggler sing once again." Bunny adds.

"I just can't wait to see her, in general, after all this time." Jack says with a slight chuckle. Tooth squeezes his shoulder with a smile 'aww'ing.

 "Sharp eyes!" North called. 

Jack chuckled, playfully rolling his eyes. They turned their heads opposite directions of each other's, attentive to anything they spot. 

"Jack. In the book, did it at least show, a picture, of how Anthemoessa looks like, or even some directions?" North asked, slapping the ropes to his reindeer to go faster. Jack opened the book on the Siren section and no image on Anthemoessa or deeper info on it's location.

"Why would there be one? No one has made it out alive." Tooth stated.

Jack nodded, "She's right. If we're going to keep looking, it may take a while."

"Heh, we have time to search the entire sea!" North called back. He lowered the sleigh downwards towards the ocean, for better view. He then pulled back the ropes once again, slapping them down, "Hyah!"

****

Sandman began to point to a surface far ahead, thinking it was the island. "No Sandy, thats just another rock." Tooth says, he looks down disappointed. 

They had been looking for quite a while, but only found the sea. It seemed to them that this ocean never ended. What made it even worse for them, fog began to form around the atmosphere.

"Seriously?! Bloody fog has to form now?!" Bunny yelled, slumping back onto his seat.

"Just keep looking." Jack says, squinting his eyes, hoping to be able to see through the fog as much as possible. 

He jumped back when he saw a large rock pass next to the sleigh. Wait that wasn't a rock, he thought to himself. More passed, only getting closer to the sleigh, and they weren't rocks, but boulders.

"Umm North?" He called, no one had noticed. They were resting for a bit while North concentrated on leading the sleigh. 

"North!"

Too late.

The boulders became clear to them once they began to squeeze next to the sleigh, making a loud screetching noise. This alerted eveybody.

"Pull up the sleigh!" Jack yelled.

"I'm trying!" North said, but the sleigh was getting more damaged as he tried. Boulders and boulders appeared more and they were closely packed. The sleigh had deep dents all over it's body, and scratchs too. Worse: the straps to the reindeer were beginning to tear as the sleigh got more damage.

"Come on!" Jack yells, flying behind the sleigh. He puts his palms under the bottom of the sleigh, trying to push it upwards. Who would have known that this was heavier than what Jack thought? Tooth assisted him, they both grunted as they pushed the sleigh up with all their strength, till finally, the sleigh broke away from the boulders and up into the sky.

The two both slid back into the sleigh, "Very good job! I guess we're going to have to make the  damages on the sleigh work for the time being." North says.

Right after he said that, the straps to the reindeer snapped. The reindeer disconnected from the sleigh, and they continued to fly off, but not the sleigh and Guardians. They screamed as the sleigh fell out of the sky, but lucky for them as soon as they got closer, Jack was the first to spot it: land.

"Guys look!" He yelled pointing to the speck, once a lot closer: it look to be an island! 

Jack laughed, "Anthemoessa, we found it!"

The sleigh dropped into an area of the island, gladly on sand, rather than the trees. The Guardians groaned as they sat up from the fall. "Is everyone okay?" North asked.

When they were about to answer, coughing was heard behind them, followed by a sneeze: a mouse sneeze. Jack went wide eyed, as his heart beated rapidly, he could recognize that sneeze anywhere. He immediately jumped out the broken sleigh and followed where he had heard the noise. The sand that was floating in the air from the crash, veiled the figure in front of him. He then could make it out as the sand died down. Jack had finally found her this time, because: it was Juri.

You will find what you have been searching for