Chapter 30: Chosen

Jack's heart pounded in his chest as he stared into the ocean after Leukosia and Parthenope had dived in to retrieve Juri. His blue eyes went wide in surprise as an area of the water below began to glow bright blue. Then that area exploded, and droplets of water spewed over the crowd by the shoreline, they took cover as they stepped away. 

"What was that?" Tooth asked as they removed their arms away from their faces, staring into ocean. Before anyone could answer, something floated up the water. Jack ran closer and gasped when he saw the familar face in the large shards of blue crystal. 

"Juri." He whispered, shocked. She layed on the chunks of crystal, as ropes of crystal crossed over her body, her hands hovering over something on her chest as her head tinted down slightly, relaxed. Her eyes shut tight, as if she were asleep. Parthenope and Leukosia surfaced, breathing in the air. They pushed the crystal closer to land and swam out, standing onto the sand, having more Sirens help them push the crystal onto the land. Jack was lost for words, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

"Where is Juri?" North asked, concerned yet not believing that the face in the crystal was in fact Juri.

Leukosia replied, "Juri is in here." 

She pointed at the crystal figure of Juri. 

"What?" Jack spat in shock and quickly made his way over to the figure, grasping her wrists in awe. Her wrists then began to receive a thin layer of frost, Jack quickly removed his touch. 

"Jack, calm down." Tooth says, touching his shoulder in comfort, realizing the frost had form due to his emotions. 

"What happened?" Jack said, his voice cracking.

"Oneira Glyka." Leukosia answered. Jack pulled his head up towards the pink haired Siren, realizing what she ment, furrowing his eyebrows.

"The necklace did this?"

She nodded. 

"When we were down there, I had noticed that something had slipped from Amelia's hand, a chain, with a familar pendant. And of course, knowing who it's owner truly is, had slipped over Juri's head, on it's rightful place. But from my predictions that since past Juri died, the necklace charged down, needing her alive to work. But once she was revived, Juri became a full Siren, since her half human self passed. So I'm assuming that the necklace finally being around her neck as she is now full Siren, was so overwhelmed with power, that now, she's in her crystal form." Leukosia finished, raising her hand up to gesture over Juri.

His eyes flashed to Juri, "Is there a way to get her out?"

Leukosia huffed, "I don't know. I plan to speak with Hephaestus about this, after all, he did create the Oneira Glyka, so he should know what to do."

She began to walk off, Jack turned to Parthenope, "Where should we put her?"

She sighed in frustration, "I'll let you take care of that. For now, I need patch up Cupid, attend to the wounded, then rest. Sirens, out and rest! Cupid, you're coming with me." 

"Ooo." He purred as she tugged him forward to follow her.

Jack sighs, running a hand through his white locks, looking towards his fiancee. North goes up to it, and lifts it up with strain, but tolerates it. 

"Oof! She's quite heavy." He mutters, fixing her onto his shoulder. He recieved a small smack behind his head by Tooth, "Ow Tooth! What was that for?!"

"You need to know how to talk to a lady!! Never say she is heavy, always say she's as light as a feather! Even if she's a hippo!!!!" Tooth said sternly, then chuckled nervously to Jack after he cleared his throat directly at her.