Chapter 15: Til I Hear You Sing

Jack walked throughout the areas of Anthemoessa and he furrowed his eyesbrows when he didn't see Juri around, anywhere. He went to the dining area to make sure, it was empty. He checked with Himeropa, nope. He even asked the Guardians, they didn't know either. So Jack walked to the Springs and the memories of earlier hit him, making him blush and slightly chuckle due to how unlucky the situation became more and more. He decided to go farther past the Springs, after a while he began to hear some hitting, swooshing and grunting sounds from afar. Curiousity got the best of him as he went and followed the noises. Nevertheless, Jack came to an area that he was unfamilar with since Juri hadn't show them this during the tour. And ironically, Juri was in that area, with a long spear in her hands as she swung it around in different techniques. With the dummy behind her, she threw the spear's blade directly into the heart area. With quick movement, Juri pulled out her bow and arrow and shot arrows into two more dummies including the one she originally stabbed. Her arrows also aimed at the boards around her, she spun around and shot the board that happened to be attached to the tree right next to Jack's head.

"Woah!" He yelled jumping when the arrow hit the board beside him. Juri gasped and stood from her pose with wide eyes. Her eyes became narrow as she said, "How did you find this place? No one knows about this area but me."

"Oh well sorry. It's just that I couldn't find you so I came looking for you. I thought you would be with Himeropa waiting for me at the least." He said rubbing the back of his neck as he walked over to her.

"Oh I'm sorry. It's just that you were taking a while talking to Leukosia, so I thought in the mean time after I spoke with Himeropa, that I should do some training. It's been a while actually..." says Juri.

"Well you still got it, after you almost shot my brain out."

Juri giggled and Jack observed the weapons and the very beaten up dummies that lied around. "You think you could teach me a few moves?" He asked.

"You think you have what it takes?" She responded back with a smirk.

He laughed, "Oh I know, besides you did say that you could help me in combat just in case."

Juri arched an eyebrow chuckling, "Okay. But I won't go easy on you."

Within a blink of an eye, Juri had already retrieved a sword from the weapon stand and swung at Jack. He jumped out of surprise on fast she was and she swung her sword again at him, this time he used his staff to block the blade as it pushed down upon him.

"Warn me next time." He said through gritted teeth trying to remove her sword away from the staff, but her strength made it difficult.

She laughed, "I told you I wouldn't go easy. Grab that right now." She said, pointing at the bo staff, and pulled her sword away from him. He put his staff beside the tree and grabbed it, Juri did the same.

"Now strike me." She commanded, he was hesitant because he didn't want to hurt her, but then again: Juri would beat him in combat any day from what he saw earlier.

"Do it! If you're being hesitant, just pretend you're striking me. Like demonstrate how you think it's done, but on me."

Jack swung the staff lightly towards Juri, but she was quick on her feet. Her staff went to his side under his arm, but she didn't strike. They both paused.

"Now if this was a real battle, you would be hit. Never strike like what you just did right now, it gives your opponent the advantage to hit you since you just gave them an open area to strike. And if your opponent is thinking good combat, then they'll do this."

Juri formed their staffs together into an 'x' formation then at the same time, had flipped Jack over onto his back. He groaned as he layed on the mat (which he was glad was there to soften his fall). Juri giggled down at him, then pulled him back up on his feet.