Chapter 19: Here's To The Past

They reach the palace doors, still laughing. Jack kisses her one more time, before she whispers,

"Let's go to my room."

She pulls Jack to the side of the palace walls, and find a few windows. Juri points to the one that is lit inside, saying that's her room. Her wings flew out from her bangs making Jack jump. Juri giggled and flew up to the window as the wind took Jack up too. He slid through her now opened window, and stood next to Juri.

"Gods we're soaked." Juri says.

Jack smirked, and shook his head rapidly as bits of water jumped out of his snow white hair, landing on Juri. She shoved him as he chuckled. Juri went to her closet to find a towel and jack felt something under him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he spotted the mountains of papers scattered around her floor.

"What's all this?" He asked, removing his foot away from a paper under his foot. She turned her head and walked to him, with a towel drying her red hair. Juri saw what he was talking about and put the towel on her bed, and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well, this is how I remembered. Look." She bent down and picked up a letter, showing Jack. "It's your letters, the ones you wrote to me everyday, after I died."

He went wide eyed and took the letter, "How did you..?"

"North gave them to me, and I read them, all of them...heh..." Juri says with a nervous smile.

They stood there for a bit, as Jack stared at the letter, and Juri stared at him. He had completely forgotten about the letters he wrote when he went on this trip. He felt a soft touch on his cold hand, he looked at Juri and saw her sit down on the floor beside the papers. Jack followed her actions as well and Juri said, "Would you mind...reading one to me?"

Her cheeks turned slightly red and Jack was a bit nervous. He didn't quite remember what he wrote on most of the letters, he didn't want to sound cheesy or whiney, but the look in her eyes told him she really wanted him to read one. He cleared his throat, muttering a 'okay...'. Jack flipped the letter open, going wide eyed as he quickly read the first few sentences, gulping. He could feel her gaze on him, and he began to read aloud.

"Dear Juri," Jack said, "These months go by real slow without you here, then again, if you were here, I would enjoy it a lot more."

Oh boy... Jack thought as he continued.

"Though, my longing to see you again, has been growing more and more intense every passing moment. Everywhere I go, I think of you. I see you. I hear you. You never leave my mind, Juri. I feel a bit bad for the side of the Globe that I'm on, they're getting a worse of a Winter than ever before, but I can't seem to control my emotions being tied to my abilities. They're practically swimming in snow, heh..."

Jack sighed.

"Juri, I miss you. I miss you. I miss you...I love you. From: Jack...Day 188."

Before Jack could look up from the paper, he fell back on the floor as a body jumped on top of him, with their arms wrapped around his ribs.

"Woah!" Jack said as he put his hand on her back. He looked down at Juri as she still embrased him.

"I can't believe you wrote such embrassing letters!" Juri said into his chest.

"Well then, I'll throw them away-"

Juri flung herself off Jack and to the pile, scooping up more, "No. Way."

Jack got closer to her, "No, no. You said they were embarassing, so I'll just throw them away-"

"No they're mine." Juri says, stubornly, he laughed. Jack finally got a good look at her face, and saw that her entire face was red, as her hair actually. He smirked, and pulled at her chin to face him. Her gaze was still down to the letters in her arms. He chuckled, making her spin away from him out of embarassment.