Chapter 21: Kiss The Ring

Jack stood to his feet and with a grin on his face, he began to jog away.

Cupid arched an eyebrow, "And where are you going?!"

Jack turned his head, "If I'm gonna ask her to be my wife, I need to let her family know."

"But Ligeia and Juri's father are de-"

Cupid stopped talking when he realized what Jack ment. His face lit up and he caught up with Jack.

"I am going with you right?"

Jack then remembered the earlier events between Cupid and Parthenope, but Jack had no other choice, he had to bring the cocky blonde with him. Jack lifted up his index finger warningly,

"Just don't mess this up for me okay? Meaning, don't talk to Parthenope, touch, or even get too close to her. Not only will it ruin my chances of getting their approval, but it will also mess up your face." He finished with a tone of humor.

This made Cupid sigh in frustration, "Can I at least look at her?"

"Sure." Jack shrugged, then flipped his staff behind his head.

They headed to the palace, well Cupid followed Jack the whole way there. They tried their full best ability to not be seen by any of the Sirens or more importantly Juri. With one swift hand motion, in Cupid's hand appeared a bouquet of red roses.

"Seriously?"

"I am the King of all that is Romantic." Cupid buffed.

"How about a Hopeless Romantic." Jack said with a chuckle.

Both then reached the palace doors, and Jack opened the door and entered with Cupid behind him.  They spotted Leukosia with a large bowl of warm water and a large comb. Her expression questioned their presence.

"I need to talk to you and Parthenope." Jack explained. 

"Well Parthenope isn't in the mood to talk to anyone but me and or Juri-"

"It's urgent."

Leukosia could see it in his blue eyes that the Winter spirit ment it, and if it wasn't discussed now, she would regret it. She sighed, 

"Alright." She said softly in defeat, she raised up finger in caution. "You're little friend there, must not bother Parthenope at all. One word out of him, will possibly cost his life."

Cupid frowned, "Can I at least give her this?" He asked, gesturing to the roses.

"We'll see."

Following the Queen up the stairs, Jack's stomach began to ache in nervousness. He was real close to asking the blessing of both Queens to take the daughter of their beloved deceased sister, hand in marriage. He wondered to himself as well, how did Andre do it?

The three ended up in front of a slightly opened door, inside was heard of water running. Leukosia paused and turned to both men. 

"Please be careful with what you say, you do not want to provoke her."

When she whispered this, she eyed Cupid. He sighed, but nodded. Leukosia took a deep breath, and entered the large spa, which astonished Jack as to how such a huge room could be in the palace (picture>>>). The whole spa was cream beige ivory and on the back was a ocean design all in blue, with rocks and Sirens sitting on them, singing. Parthenope laid on her back on a marble bed with an arch. Her green hair was dipped into a water bed as more water poured in, she had her eyes closed as she laid in contentment.

"Sister. We have guests." Leukosia says.

Parthenope popped open one eye and groaned when she spotted Cupid smirking at her.