Chapter Seventy-One

_____<•>_____

_____<•>_____

After spiraling around the school, Aspen, Stiles, and Lydia were joined by Jackson and Allison and, of course, Charlie, who had only just walked out of the bathroom and saw the group rushing down the hall. She called it a parade and followed along. Aspen didn't have the energy to tell her to get lost, so they continued on. But why Jackson decided to join, she couldn't figure out. The last time she saw him, he was sitting with Danny ad Matt in the library looking at some film. Then he was suddenly looking for them and asking to join. Maybe he wanted to protect Lydia, but they all knew he always had to benefit. He was too narcissistic and selfish to care. Aspen was keeping an eye on him.

They walked through a double set of doors, Stiles keeping a hand on Lydia's shoulder, which she swiped off as she evidently grew more irritated with why they were rushing from the building.

"If we're doing a study group, why don't we just stay in the library?" Lydia snapped, waving her hand, nearly smacking Charlie in the face. The blonde turned an eye to Aspen, and the brunette had to communicate with her through her eyes. Behave.

"Because we're meeting up with somebody else." Stiles offered, patting her back to lead her on faster.

Lydia hummed with another retort. "Then why don't they just meet us in the library?"

"Oh wow! That would've been a great idea." Stiles thundered in a comical tone. "Too late."

Lydia made an abrupt pause, "Okay, hold on--"

Jackson came surging forward, gripping her by the forearm, seething. "Lydia, shut up and walk," he demanded.

Aspen, Allison, Stiles, and Charlie watched as Jackson manhandled her, and Stiles put his hands up in defeat. They followed on.

Stiles sped to Scott's house, hoping the home would act as a good enough haven while Scott dealt with Derek. Regrettably, Allison and Charlie had to squeeze in the back with Jackson and Lydia while Aspen to the passenger seat. Whether he was in love with Lydia or infatuated with Charlie, the only lady allowed in the front seat was Aspen.

Lydia rambled complaints the whole ride, but even with Charlie wedge on the floor, she was able to distract the blabbering girl about their cuticles. How Charlie did it, Aspen could never tell.

Aspen jumped out of the car the moment Stiles skid to a stop in front of Scott's house. It was beginning to feel too cramped.

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia asked, stomping up the cement steps to his house.

"Meeting us here," Stiles answered, his head pivoting around for any sign of werewolves. But Aspen and Charlie have been sensing for any odd warms and movement since they arrived. "I think. I hope."

As they walked on ahead to the front door, Allison slowed in front of Charlie, Jackson, and Aspen. "Thanks for doing this," she mumbled to Jackson over her shoulder, keeping her eyes ahead to make sure she didn't catch Lydia's attention. Not that she would. Lydia was too busy playing twenty questions today.