Chapter Thirty-Two

_____<•>_____

_____<•>_____

Laughter echoed throughout the dining room, where Aspen and her Grandfather sat with the Argent family in their home. Scott and Stiles did not to take the news well once Aspen had told them she would be attending Allison's house for dinner. The young werewolf tried turning Aspen's mind around, but the girl wouldn't budge. She knew the Argents had no clue that Scott was the newest werewolf in Beacon Hills, and they wouldn't suspect a thing. To keep Scott's mind at ease, she promised to keep an eye out for any new information having to do with the Alpha.

So far, nothing seemed out of place. Allison and Aspen chatted away at the end of the table while Kate, Chris Argent, and his wife Victoria reminisced on old memories with Grandpa Sam. They mentioned stories about Beckham that Aspen had never heard, and a part of her held some hostility toward her grandfather for keeping so many of these stories for himself.

After a filling dinner, Victoria Argent brought in a home-baked cake and cut a slice for everyone to enjoy. "Aspen, Sam, I do hope you enjoyed the meal," Victoria smiled before taking a seat next to her husband.

"It was great, Mrs. Aregnt. Thank you so much," Aspen said as she gulped down a glass of water, the icing on the cake a little too sweet for her liking. Despite working at a cafe with an assortment of baked goods, she had never been the type to hold a sweet tooth.

"You know I've gotta ask Sam, " Kate said with her famous smirk as she leaned for to gaze across at Aspen and Grandpa Sam, "have you told Aspen about the myth of her last name?"

Aspen could practically feel her grandfather growing uncomfortable with the question. She glances in his direction, the man only staring at Kate for a moment, something shining in his eyes before flashing a warm smile, "No. I'm afraid I haven't."

Veata.

Ever since Derek mentioned that her last name meant Wind, she hasn't pondered whether her family members possibly had the same abilities as her. It seemed at this moment, Kate was going to take it upon herself. Aspen felt a sudden nervousness in her brain, questioning the real reason why she was invited tonight.

"What's the story?" Aspen asked, ignoring her grandfather's side glare. He was hiding something from her, and she would do anything to figure it out. Even if it meant seeking information from the enemy, Kate Argent.

The woman's smile was ever-growing, as she looked at the rest of her family members before focusing her eyes on Aspen, who waited hastily for her to begin. "Now, we all know Greek mythology could be a hoax." Kate began, eyeing the rest of the table as they all nodded.