Chapter Two

Aspen leaned her back against her locker, her book clutched tight against her chest

Aspen leaned her back against her locker, her book clutched tight against her chest. Her head was about to explode as Stiles ranted to Scott about the suspect they had to take into the station for the murder of the woman they had found in the woods. Aspen honestly didn't care to talk about that, especially since it was a murder, and it was in the woods where she and the boys would usually venture on days off. Knowing that that could have easily been one of them did not settle well in her stomach. That and the popsicle finally getting to her. She needs real food to cease the aching she felt.

Aspen tilted her head back against the locker to see Scott staring at Allison across the hallway. But not just staring. Like he was trying to make out what they were saying. Aspen thought it was impossible, considering how far she was from them. Lydia was speaking to her, twirling one of her strands of hair around her finger. Jackson Whittemore then decided to join the conversation, showing too much PDA in a matter of seconds. Aspen flinched and looked away.

"Is it just me, or did a drop-dead girl who just got here join Lydia's clique?" Aspen stated. Stiles shrugged then smirked in her direction.

"Why you jealous?" Stiles teased her.

"No, I'm insecure."

Stiles looked at his friend worryingly and put his arm over her shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Come on June. I think you're pretty."

Aspen smiled at Stiles' sudden burst of kindness.

"Thanks, Stiles-"

"Pretty enough to hook up with Jackson no. But Greenberg seems like the perfect candidate."

Aspen roughly shrugged his arms off of her and passed him a look of annoyance. "and what? You think you got what it takes to be with Lydia?"

she snarled nack, making Stiles gasp and clench his shirt over his chest.

"I do so have what it takes."

"I bet when your head allows you to grow some hair, she'll kiss you without questioning it. So come back to me once you decide to grow real hair on your bald baby head." Aspen cooed the last part as she ran her ar over Stiles bristled hair. He swiped her hair hand away angrily. Scott tried to bite his tongue to refrain from laughing, but his smile gave him away, "and you!"

Scott jumped in place, noticing she was talking about him. "What did I do?" he asked, a lying innocence lacing his voice.

"If your thinking about starting something with Allison, cut your hair. You look like a baby mop."

Kicking off from the locker, Aspen stormed away toward her french class, not looking back once.

Scott punched Stiles's shoulder.

"What the hell did you say to her?" Scott asked him. Stiles gawked like he had done nothing wrong.

"Nothing!" Stiles told him, "I just said she wasn't pretty enough to hook up with Jackson."