Chapter Three

After the first day of school and a successful tryout, Aspen, along with Scott and Stiles, decided to head back into the woods to try and find the body

After the first day of school and a successful tryout, Aspen, along with Scott and Stiles, decided to head back into the woods to try and find the body. Aspen tried to come up with an excuse just to head to work early, but the boys practically dragged her and promised it wouldn't take long.

Jumping off a high rock, Aspen landed next to Scott as he spoke about the tryouts.

"I don't know what it was, but I've been feeling weird all day. Everything feels like it's going at a faster pace. I hear things I shouldn't be able to hear, smell-" Stiles' snort made Scott pause in his explanation.

"Smell things? Like from afar?" Stiles asked him.

"Anyone can smell Scott; you're going to have to be a bit more specific," Aspen told him.

"Well, like-.... uh, I can smell the gum in Stiles' pocket. and the-the strawberry syrup in your breath."

While Aspen checked her breath that indeed did smell like strawberries, Stiles pulled out the lint covered gum wrapped in his pocket. The two exchanged glances as they walked on either side of Scott, urging him to go on.

"What are you suggesting?" Aspen asked, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets. "you think the bite had anything to do with it?"

"Maybe. I've been thinking about that all day. I could have gotten infected, and now im flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock." Scott explained in a rather frantic manner. Aspen kicked a rock across the dirt, trying to fit how that even worked with hearing and smelling things.

"Ah, yes. I'm familiar with this specific infection." Stiles stated, clearing his throat. From the all too serious expression on his face, Aspen knew he was about to mess with Scott but was curious to see what he had to say.

"Yes, I think it's called Lyncathropy,"

"Woah, what is that?"

Aspen was all too amused to not join in on Stiles' teasing.

"It's pretty bad, Scott. It happens once a month." Aspen added, earning a wink from Stiles while Scott's attention was on her.

"Really?"

"Yes, but only on a full moon," Stiles said.

Scott stopped in his tracks and eyed both his friends, who were slightly smirking at him. Aspen let out a light howl before Scott smacked both their arms and continued walking.

"You two are ridiculous," Scott scoffed, Aspen and Stiles laughing as they caught up to him.

While the boys continued the topic about Scott being a possible werewolf, Aspen lingered behind. The soft breeze began to pick up around her but gasped once she heard movement, like leaves being crunched next to her ear. Aspen spun around, but there was nothing there. The wind didn't even seem like it was moving anywhere else.