Chapter Six

It felt wrong just to forget about what she saw at Stiles' house

It felt wrong just to forget about what she saw at Stiles' house. She thought maybe she could pay Scott a visit and see how he was feeling, but provoking him would make things worse. There was no explaining what she witnessed in the room, but one thing was for sure. She hoped the conflict between her two best friends wouldn't last long, and things would just go back to normal. It pained her to see them fight. Especially since they were her only close friends and she didn't want to be in the position where she had to alternate time to speak to them

Since she decided to skip out on the party, nerves decided to wrack Aspen's brain when it came to how she would approach Isaac. The two werent exactly close and showing up out of the blue would seem out of the ordinary. Though these thoughts permeated Aspen's mind, she knew if she asked to visit him at the graveyard, he would object. But seeing as no one would be with him to celebrate him making the lacrosse team, she thought she owed it to him.

Aspen quickly changed to something more comfortable and sat on her bed with her phone in hand. Her fingers hovered over the screen, trying to find a way to tell Scott she wasn't coming to the party. Allison did seem excited, but if her feelings for Scott were as serious as she made it seem, she would be completely occupied in his company. Lydia, on the other hand, well, she wouldn't let Aspen hear the end of it.

After texting Scott a small lie on her reasoning for not attending the party, she jumped up from the bed and let her eyes linger over her features in the mirror. She wondered why she suddenly felt so self-conscious. The thought of it bothered her. Her fingers twirled a strand of her hair, wondering if she should do something with it. It's not like Isaac was someone to impress, but seeing as the boys at Beacon Hills highschool loved the girls when they got all dressed up for school, she wished she could understand that feeling.

Blinking a couple of times, Aspen shook her head in attempts to wipe the thought from her mind. With a pained groan, she tucked her hair behind her ears and slowly inhaled from her nose as she grabbed her bag and jacket from her bed and rushed down the stairs.

Using his socked foot to kick off from the ground, Grandpa Sam was satisfied as his rocking chair soothed his mind. Multiple blankets draped over his body, letting him snuggle into them and inhaling their divine smell as they were just pulled out from the drier. Jeapoary played loudly from the tv as Sam slowly sipped his tea and hummed along with the tune playing from the game show.

"Aren't you hot?" Aspen laughed, making her way next to her grandfather, crossing her arms, and trying to find what was so entertaining about this show.

"I'm actually quite frostbitten." he shivered, his grip on his hot cup tightening.

"You know the normal term would be cold."

"I'm an intellectual, Juney."

Aspen let out a breathy laugh from her nose and knelt next to her grandpa. A warm smile came over her features as she admired his honey-colored eyes and the creased wrinkles decorating his skin. Sam always believed in a good skincare routine, leaving his skin clear and smooth. Even though he was aware of his old age, he always said he looked young for a man in his seventies.