Chapter Fifteen

As much as Stiles begged Aspen to join them on their little excursion to the school bus after school, she had already been invited by Allison to go to her house and help prepare for the date

As much as Stiles begged Aspen to join them on their little excursion to the school bus after school, she had already been invited by Allison to go to her house and help prepare for the date. Scott didn't seem to mind her not joining them after there little dispute in the cafeteria. She wasn't entirely sure what had gotten into Scott. He's been completely hostile after lunch ended and didn't bother talking to her.

She tried to think back if she had done anything to offend him, but couldn't recall a moment. Aspen decided it was best to withhold the information about her and Isaac studying together at her house, seeing there wasn't an appropriate time to tell him anything.

Aspen's legs hung off the side of Allison's bed as Lydia leaned back on her hands for support. Allison was rummaging through her closet, occasionally groaning at the struggle of not finding anything suitable to wear for the date.

"So, what's this rumor I hear about You and Isaac?" Lydia chimed, tilting her head toward Aspen.

"There's a rumor?" Aspen asked worryingly, only making Lydia laugh at her reaction.

"Not big enough to cause any commotion. Just from people who see and gossip. And from what I see, you two seemed to get close in the matter of a week."

"Oh," Aspen sighed, grazing her finger along the hem of her sweater.

"Don't fret Aspen. I wouldn't judge who you find attractive, even if it is questionable. I've never questioned Allison, and her taste in...whatver Scott has that she find so cute."

"Thanks, Lydia," Allison said, no doubt rolling her eyes as she roughly shoved another unappealing shirt to the side.

"The point is, do you think there's anything there? Any possible romance?" Lydia sang with a quirk of her brow, leaning closer to Aspen, who only moved her head back.

Aspen has never had supposed girl talk. She's only ever hung out with Scott and Stiles, and talking about boys was never up for discussion. Then again, she was never looking for a relationship, and the boys always spoke poorly about other guys in school.

"I honestly don't know if I feel that way, or if he feels that way about me for that matter."

"Have you talked to him about it?"

"It's not something that just comes up in conversation."

"Have you two shared a moment?"

"He kissed me on the cheek Saturday night, but I don't think it counts."

"Was it chaste?"

"What?"

"Chaste is never a good sign June, believe me."

"Lydia stop assaulting her with questions," Allison laughed as she spun around, holding up black and orange floral shirt against her body. "what do you think?"