Chapter Twenty-Six

The shrill of the bell indicating Chemistry class was over rang through Aspen's ears. Unfortnelty, the power to avoid getting a hangover was not one of the quirks of being an Elementalist. Aspen had many reasons to avoid going to school today. The Alpha, her hangover, Scott running her up the wall with questions to see if Allison was okay, the bundles of homework that was to be received by Mr. Harris. The only motivation she had to get out of bed was seeing Isaac. 

She hasn't seen the boy since he left her bedroom that night. They've sent a few messages but never about anything specific. Mostly about homework and tutoring. But she was excited to finally see him and tell him about how she finally found out what she was.

"It's just weird." Allison sighed, gripping her books close to her chest as they strolled down the busy hallway. "everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us."

Lydia laughed, shouldering her bag, "Thank you for the protection of minors." she sang lightly.

"Well, don't you think it's more convenient that way?" Aspen asked, bringing Allison to turn her head, "People won't bombard you with questions."

"Yes, but it just feels off. Like we're keeping a big secret or something."

Aspen looked to the side, thinking about the many secrets she was keeping herself. "Guys, do you think I made a mistake?" both Allison and Aspen noticed Lydia eyeing her outfit choice. "and not about what I'm wearing.

Lydia rolled her eyes, obviously understanding her meaning and refraining from making her sassy comment. "Hello? Scott locked us in a classroom and left us for dead." she snapped. "he's lucky I'm not pressing charges."

"I think it's better to have locked you in the classroom to keep you away from the danger that was outside." Aspen voiced out, already feeling Lydia's burning glare.

"I don't think you have a right to be making comments, Aspen. You weren't there."

"Even so, I know Scott. He wouldn't have put you guys in danger like that. Maybe he locked the door to give you a chance."

"Yeah, well, my chances of getting a panic attack were very high." Lydia scoffed, "you're always taking his side."

"Lydia, that's not what-" Lydia stopped in her tracks, bringing Aspen and Allison to stop with her.

"Don't even try it, Aspen. I saw you there that night. You went straight to your two boys and never thought about seeing if we were okay. You even paid us a glance, but god forbid you to leave Scott and Stiles' side."

"Lydia, I care about you too. You and Allison." Aspen explained, growing frustrated with the situation that was unfolding in the middle of the hallway.