Chapter 7 : destiny

The best way to replace a bad memory is to replace it with a good one . We should strive for all those precious breaths to be taken in as many precious moments as we can squeeze into this short time on Earth . So why do we bother ourselves and remember our bad memories ? That's enough . Garrett is in the past . He is a bad memory now for Emily . He will always be . She was annoyed of him , of his attitude toward her , his bad temper and his curiosity . She was sitting on the couch , drinking some wine when she thought :  " Now , that's enough . Garrett is over . I'm going to be happy just one time in my intire life  . I'm going to do what i want and follow my brain . I'm going to follow my instincts . Coolllll . I'm going to make you regret your attitudes , Garrett Kandinsky . Okay , i have a job now , i'm beautiful . Yes , i'm a gorgeous woman . Why am i still single ? . I think it's not because of my failed Tinder dates . It's because i still like that bastard with those blue eyes which every single time i look at them , i just feel that my legs can't carry me . Shit , okay , okay Emily . Forget about those eyes . I need to find a boyfriend . I can't stay Single for a lifetime . Right ? . I need to find my ideal man . Yeah "  she was so drunk so she threw the probably fifth glass on the ground and laid her whole body on the couch " Yes , i need to find a boy friend " Then she fell asleep . The next day , she woke up late with a hangover . After taking a pill , she get dressed . She wore some  comfy clothes with black heels and drive to work . She got to the company , tried to avoid Garrett the most possible and concentrate on her work but then she remembered yesterday's lunch and this complicated situation  and thought that Ryle owes her an explanation but she can't just go and ask him so she decided to pretend that she needs his signature for some papers  . She got up and went to Ryle's room , knocked the door and  said :"  Hi Ryle . Do you have some time ? 

He kept looking at her for serveral seconds that seemed like an eternity then said laughing " Come in . I always have time for you " 

She blushed " Ahhh. Can you please sign me these papers " 

He looked at them " okay " 

After signing , she stayed tanding next to his desk , hesitated baout asking him  She touched her hair  then said " Are you ok ? Yesterday , you seemed irritated . I just wanted to ask about you? "

She wanted just to be closer to him . She wanted him to know that she cares about him .

He sighed " Yes , thank you . I appreciate your concern . And I'm terribly sorry , I didn't mean to hide the truth about my mother's husband who is Garrett's father from you but I didn't want to remember the terrible fact that that man is my stepfather now .

" Yeah , i understood why all this hate toward Garrett . But Your mom  seemed delighted and he seemed like a good person , isn't he ? And in my opinion , if your mother is happy that's the best thing is the world . if it's private that's ok you're not obliged to tak to me 

He smiled " No . I feel comfortable talking to you . I feel that we are close .  And yes that man is good , she is happy but I still can't accept that my father is dead . I just can't . He was the wind beneath my wings , my advisor , my helper . He was all my world . I know I'm talking like a ten years kid but...... " A tear shed on his cheek . OMG , Emily was affected so she hugged him strongly even though she hasn't experienced the lost of a really close person  . Then , Ryle continued : "  My hate toward Garrett has no relation with my mother's marriage . Garrett is a rude , greedy arrogant person and all the employees hate him . I just have so many reasons to dislike him besides being my stepbrother " he said laughing and she did too . She nodded " This time , it's true . Ryle , I know that you are feeling a lot of pain , that you feel alone but you can't stop your mother from being happy . You need to find happiness too . Work is gonna make preoccupy your mind for some hours but then you will feel lonely again . You need to find the right person . And if you want to talk to a friend , i'm always here by your side " They stayed silent for several seconds then she said "  Ok . After work , I'm inviting you to a new restaurant , everybody is talking about  . Will you accept my invitation ?

" Wait let me see if i'm available " Her eyebrows flashed  , he laughed "Of course , beautiful lady . I'm under  your control  "

" Ok , then 7 pm in front of my door ? and I will send you the localization "  she answered so he nodded " Hey , I'm gonna pay" 

She laughed " Sorry , but i can't refuse a beautiful offer like that " 

She wore her most beautiful dress . A white , skinny , short dress with red heels . At 7 pm , Ryle was waiting at her door . They went to the restaurant and talked about their life , their old friends  .... , literally , about everything . They spent a very beautiful night and when they felt tired , they decided to leave . He drove her home so  she invited him for a cup of tea to thank him for the drive . what a surprise ! Guess who was there ? Garrett . He was sitting on the floor in front of her apartment propped up against the floor . When he saw them together , his jaw clinched , and his eyebrows flashed . What the fuck is she going to tell Ryle now ? It was so complicated than she thought . JUST TOOOO TOOO COMPLICATED