Chapter 20: memories

" I brought my passport if you want to  go by plane . just suggesting " she said smiling

He frowned " Well , i didn't bring it  because i know that  you fear flying . so I thought it will be better to go by car . Don't you ? "

She looked impressed " Okkkkayyy , thank you but how do you remember this ? "

he blushed " hmmmm , yeah , I just remembered it . Is that a problem ? "

She shook her head " Nope , not at all "

Then she grabbed her air pods and began listening to her playlist so she can avoid this awkward and stupid conversations with him . He was looking at her like the first time that he saw her , his eyes was really admiring her and she was enjoying her song , her head on the car headrest , her eyes closed . They seemed like a married couple and he was so kind and nice with her just like when they were in high school .

" Strange " He said smirking 

 She opened her eyes " What's the strange thing ? "

" You , not taking and arguing with me  "

She said avoiding his gaze " I love silence "

" Yeah that's strange "

" Whattt . You're saying that i always talk and annoy you ? " She put her elbow on the headset and looked at him in the eyes 

He answered looking at the road " Sometimes , yeah "

" Thank you . So i think i need to shut my mouth up and let you drive in peace just like i was doing seconds ago before you talk to me . " She smiled angrily 

" I didn't mean that . I think that it's good to talk between boss and collegue . "

He was panicking " I'm really sorry . "

She felt guilty " Okay . taht's okay . Just a misunderstanding "

he nodded . She turned the music back on . But he said something so she pulled the air pods again " What ? "

" You can connect your phone to the car with bluetooth . I want to listen to music too if it doesn't disturb you "

She nodded , did what he asked . And the song  was " If i could fly by One direction "

He looked at her , she did too . It was their song . She didn't put it purposely , it was completely random . She felt that a tear dropped on his cheek and he wiped it . She was holding her tears too . So she changed the song " Yeah , this song is better "

She answered " Yeah i totally agree "

" He's serious ? . it's better ? . No , this guy is a jerk , a bitch , a slut ..... I want to punch him but if i do , we can have an accident and i still want to live . Butttt , he is a real jerk . he isn't worth my time . " She stay silent then said still thinking in her mind " No , he is . Because i want to know the truth . Okay , i will ask him now . Yes , now , let's end this massacre "

She turned to face him " Garrett , i want to ask you something "

It was all good and cool until A text came from Bianca

" I'm pregnant " (with a smiley emoji )

Emily smiled wildly while seeing the message then typed " SOOOOOO exciteddd . But you're telling me this by message ! . OK , but I'm happy for you  , and don't call me now I'm not alone "

Bianca sent " Who are you with ?"

" I'm gonna tell you later . Take care of yourself and the baby "