Chapter 23 : The deal

Sometimes love pushes you to do so many hurtful things that you didn't mean or didn't want to do it . But that's love . Actually , my dear readers , love is important and valuable in our lives but sometimes you need to be hurt so you can not hurt others . And that's what Garrett did . Even if Emily felt terrible after his confession , she knew that he was lying that there is something else , she felt that and believed in it . But still she couldn't forget his face when he said those hurtful words , when he said that he didn't like her , when he said that their relationship was nothing , it was just hurtful and those few moments , she won't forget for the rest of her life . Maybe when you hear it , it seems so simple , he just said that he wasn't interested in her years ago , but Emily didn't forget about him and she couldn't move on . So those few moments were a lifetime for her . Now , she has to seem comfortable , calm and classy in front of him . She has to look at his face and pretend that it's okay , that she didn't cry minutes ago and that she is happy that now she knows the truth and that truth didn't hurt her , the total opposite , it delighted her . She took a shower , wear her clothes and get out of the bedroom , she smiled at him then said straighening her dress " I'm ready . We can go now "

He looked at her , and seemed fascinated , she was so classy , she wore a black , skinny short dress with white heels , she was so cute . He answered  surprised " Are you going with me like that ? "

" Yes . Is that a problem ? "

" Nope , not at all . Sooo , we have a deal . Right ?  "

" Good . Yes , of course we have a deal . By the way  , you don't have to change your way every time you see me . I'm not mad , i don't hate you . You're my boss , and i'm your employee . We are so so so ... " She smiled wildly and it was so obvious that what she was saying was lying , she was holding her tears hardly " Soo professional . And I'm so glad that you confessed the truth about your disappearance years ago . It was a relief for me , now I can tell Ryle the truth about our past . Thanks "

" What ? you are gonna tell him. Why ? . LOOK , I know you love him and you're afraid to loose him and staff  but telling him the truth is going to complicate things now . Don't do this "

" So what ? I'm going to keep lying to him while you're living your best life with god knows who ? "

He scowled " What ? What the fuck are you saying ? How am I living my best life and I'm with you in this shitty hotel "

She turned so she won't face him " Come on , let's go "

He touched her , trying to make her face him " Get your hands of me "

" I'm sorry , i didn't me to . I just wanted to let you face me "

" Whatever "

He kept looking at her and said " Emily please . Believe me . Ryle knowing the truth is gonna harden things for you and me . I know you want to take revenge but he is already mad at me . Don't do this "

" Can you tell me what the fuck do you want me to do . If i don't tell Ryle , he will hear it from someone else and if i do , he will hate . But he already hates you so go to hell "

" Look . My life is not better than yours . I'm struggling Emily "

" Struggling ! . Bullshit . "

" No , it's not . I'm .... "

" You're what ? . A liar ? . A jerk ? . Do you want me to count ? "

" I don't want Ryle to know "

" Why ? . You're jealous . You don't want me to be happy ? .  you were lying , right ? you have just make this story up ? right ? . I fucking knew it . There is something else right ? I knew it Garrett , I read your mind when I just look at your eyes . You didn't change . You always do that "