Chapter 24 : Closer

She pulled Garrett to get him away from the reception and they were so close that she managed hardly  not to kiss him then controlled herself and stepped away the maximum possible from him then said confused " My mom is here "

" Ok , so why don't you talk to her ? "

" No Mr . fathead because you are with me and we are staying in the same bedroom and I don't want to lie to her anymore . Understood ? "

" Yes , so what can I do ? "

" Ok , I think you just need to get me of this shitty hotel so she can't see me then you go back , grab our suitcases and we change the hotel "

" What ? Emily stop this bullshit and just say hi to her . "

" NOOO , she will ask about you . I can't risk that  "

" So pretend that you don't know me and we will meet in the parking lot  "

" No , i told her that i'm going with a coworker , she will get suspicious  . Come one , please  and find a way to get me off without her seeing me "

He hold her hand and try to get to the door trying his best to let Emily off Ms . Auburn's sight but she recognized her and screamed so she can hear her " Emily " so Emily hadn't any choice but to talk to her mom . She pretended that she was clueless and said " I can't believe my eyes . Mom , what are you doing here ? "

" The real question is that what are YOU doing here with this gentelman ? " Garrett smiled and lift his hand , she shook it " Dear ,  You said that you are going to be in a work trip with coworker not in new York with your boyfriend . Ryle right ? . Nice to meet you son  . Your mom and I were very close friends . But i don't remember that you had blue eyes , you're putting lenses ?  "

' Shit , now , she knows Garrett as Ryle . Emily , you're are a joke ' She thought

Garrett seemed surprised , he was going to clear things up but Emily interrupted him . Emily was obliged to lie to her mom so to find a solution to this disaster and save the situation she said smiling " Oh yes " She looked at Garrett then turned to face her mom " I advised him to do that . Isn't it so cute ? "

" You told your boyfriend to change his eyes' color ? " She nodded " Yes , it's good " her mom  seemed disappointed 

" Oh No, Mom you misunderstood the situation . Actually me and Ryle , we are working together as a computer engineer and we are here for work .It's not a vacation . "

" Oh really . Isn't it hard to have a balance between your work life  and love life , Ryle , dear ? "

Emily interrupted again to save the situation " But what are you doing here , Mom ? . Weren't you going to go back to California ? "

" You know dear , work . I'm here for work . But since we are staying in the same hotel , I owe you a dinner "

" Actually Mom , we are leaving tomorrow , It seemed that they just need us for one day "

" Ok no problem . I will text you and we can have a dinner here in the hotel "

" How is my dad ? "

" I don't know " Her mom's expression changed 

" Hey , What's wrong ? "

" Nothing , dear "

" No , there is something . What's it ? . "

" We had a fight "

" What is it about ? "

" I think he's cheating with me "