#3 New/Old Kid

~ Dirty Laundry - Blackbear ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

"El, come on! We are going to be late!" I shout. Eloise comes running down the stairs with her pink sparkly backpack in her hand. 

"Thank you. Here." I hand her waffles while taking her bag. Every weekday I walk her to daycare before bussing to high school. Sometimes Ollie will drive us if he doesn't have an early football practice.

After I drop off El I make it to my high school. Ridgeview High, a bunch of bull is what it really is. "HARLEY!"

I look ahead to my best friend Evelyn running towards me. "We are going to be late!" She grabs my hand before dragging me to our first class. Math.

I love math but it's too early. She brings me to the back of the class. Where we usually sit. Evelyn prefers the front but I like the back better. I rather stay low and not the centre of attention.

"Alright students!" Mr. Jefferson begins. He drops his bag down on his desk. Students fill the seats of the class. "We have a new student today!" He says excitedly.

Evelyn elbows me. "New friend," she whispers. She loves making new friends. Which can be a good quality but her excessive talking drags her away.

"She or he will be here any minute. Would anyone like to show them around?" Mr. Jefferson asks.

Evelyn slams her hand on the desk. "We will! Us!" She volunteers. I bite my lip wishing she didn't say that.

"Actually Evelyn, I need to speak to you after class. Harley, you don't mind doing the tour? I'm sure the student will be here any second. You'll get to skip class," he says.

Count me in. I need a break any chance I can get. "Sure. That will be no problem," I assure. He nods, walking over to my desk and placing down a paper.

I pick it up in my hands. A map of the school and list of extracurriculars, clubs and sports I should show the new student.

Twenty minutes into class the door swings open. "Class, this is our new student. Greyson," Mr. Jefferson introduces. "Who is also late."

My eyes stay locked on him. What the hell is he doing here? He graduated already. "Yeah we'll time flies," Greyson mutters as he looks around the room. His eyes land on me and a small smirk takes over his face.

"Well Harley has volunteered to show you around the school-"

"Did she now?" He cuts off Mr. Peterson. He raises a brow at me. I want to throw myself off a building.

I raise my hand. "Actually Mr. Peterson I don't think I can show him arou-"

"Nonsense!" He shouts with a short laugh. "Go ahead." He nods his head towards a smirking Greyson.

I grab my backpack and the paper Mr. Peterson had given me before following Greyson out. He doesn't even have a backpack or anything.

We walk out into the hall and as soon as the door closes I start talking. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I exclaim in a whisper. I really wish I could've just forgotten about our last encounter and refrain from any future ones.

"Aren't you supposed to be giving me a tour?" He asks. I can tell he finds this amusing by the small grin. He gestures his hand out. I roll my eyes and walk.

He follows next to me in my footsteps. "Greyson you went here. What the hell do you need a tour for? Library's there, gym's there, all the extracurriculars are the same," I point out. Nothing has changed in the past year and a half.