#42 Hope Crew

~ Sad Eyes - James Arthur ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

GREY'S POV

"I don't know, this is stupid," Harley mumbles, gripping onto my t-shirt for dear life. I run my hands through her hair, falling to her waist and wrap it tighter around her.

"Just think. First thing that comes to mind," I tell her.

She shrugs. "I like Hope, for a girl..." she pauses and lets out a long breath.

"I know you've been holding back on me. How long has that been on your mind?" I ask her.

She yawns, pushing her hair out of her face. "Since I've known. I haven't decided on one for a boy yet," she explains. She picks up the teddy bear wearing a blue shirt while I hold the one in the pink shirt on my lap.

"How about Crew?" I suggest.

"Your grandfather's name?" She asks. I nod, I was really close with him up until he died. "I love it. It's perfect." She squeezes the stuffed bear to her chest, a few tears slipping from her eyes.

My head turns when I hear a knock at the door. "Miss Prince," the nurse says.

"I know we'll be out in five minutes," I tell her.

"Mr. West, this is the twelfth time you've told me that in the past hour. I can't allow you guys to be here any longer," she says. They told us we were free to go this morning even though Harley was still in pain.

It's evening now and they still want us out. I stand up, leaving Harley in the bed. "Okay, I'll pack. Two minutes and we're out," I tell her. She nods before walking out of the room. I pack up all of our stuff while Harley lays in bed with tears in her eyes.

I sigh knowing what she's thinking. "Hey babe, can you pass me my phone?" I ask, hoping to distract her. She smiles sadly before reaching over and grabbing my phone.

Harley had to stay two nights just to make sure there weren't any complications. She was in pain but now most of it has worn off which is good. I just feel like shit.

I wish I could've been there for her earlier. I know she's a strong girl and can go through it alone but she shouldn't have to. She doesn't have to if I'm here.

"Who's Josie?"

My heart drops at the sound of her name. I look up at Harley who has the most clueless look on her face. "Zion's girl, probably looking for him," I lie while taking my phone from her hands.

She lays back in the bed confused. "I didn't know Zion had a girl." Probably because he doesn't. But there's no way in hell I can explain to Harley who Josie is.

I don't want to hurt her.

"We have to get going, ready Angel?" I hold my hand out to her. She shakes her head, getting rid of any worries. She trusts me.

She takes my hand and I slowly help her out of bed. I sit her in a wheelchair and push her making it to the exit nearest to my car. I helped her into the front seat before getting in the driver's seat.

I sigh, not bothering to drive just yet. "Are your parents home?" I know mine and Oliver's are. We definitely can't go to my place.

She shrugs. "My mom is. Dad and Elle went out for lunch," she says. I look at her and I can see the little bit of sadness behind her words.

"What's up?" I pull my seat back, getting more comfortable.

She lets out a rustled breath. "That used to be all three of us or just my dad and I. He stopped talking and taking me out a few years back and it's only a matter of time before he does the same. He barely makes time for us and never for me," she rants.