kasun layọ o.

Ashton's POV

When I opened my locker, notes just came flying out. There was at least ten. I picked them all up and stuffed them in my bag. I'll read them during homeroom. 

The bell rang right as I walked into homeroom. I applauded myself for making it in time. I wasn't expecting to after having to pick up the notes, which flew all over the hallway. I took a seat at my desk, grabbing my bag and getting all the notes. I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I opened one of them.

go kill yourself

I bit my lip, nervously reaching for another one.

ur a worthless fag Go kill urself

My hand was shaking this time as I reached for another.

just fucking die already

If I blinked, tears would stream down my face.

drink bleach. It would be better for all of us

I blinked.

nobody will fucking miss u anyway

Who did this? That was the question that was running through my mind. Who hates me this much that they want me to die? I blinked again, feeling tears run down my cheeks.

Michael and Calum.

I stuffed the notes back in my bag without reading the rest. I knew what they would say anyway. I walked over to Michael and Calum's table. Luke was sitting by them, too, but he had his head down. 

"Fuck you, Michael." I shouted. Homeroom was always loud, but, for the first time, it was quiet. All eyes were on me. That scared me. Even the teacher's eyes were on me. That scared the hell out of me.

"Dude, what the hell?" Calum said. I looked over at him. Like he didn't already know.

"Fuck you, too, Calum." I shouted. Michael stood up, grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling me closer to him. The teacher had stood up and was rushing over. Michael punched me in the face. As soon as that happened, Luke got up and kneed him...in the balls. Calum stood up, and Luke swung his arm back to punch him.

"Hey, break it up!" Mr. Lushe said, grabbing Luke's arm so he wouldn't punch Calum. Calum took the oppurtunity to punch Luke in the stomach. I grabbed his arms and pulled him back, but he got out of my grip since I wasn't very strong. He shoved me against a table, my forehead hitting the edge of it. I looked at the ground under me, watching as blood dripped from my forehead to the floor. Mr. Lushe released his grip on Luke and went to Calum, sending him to one corner of the room while Luke went to another. Michael was still on the ground, holding the place he got kneed at. He sent Michael to the nurse, having two other guys put Michael's arms around his shoulder and escorting him. It all happened so fast that I could barely keep up. 

"Ashton, are you alright?" Mr. Lushe asked, crouching down next to me. I nodded. He sighed.

"Go to the nurse then come back here. I need to talk to you. Take someone with you if you need to." He said. I got up. I stumbled a bit, but he grabbed my arm to steady me. I shoved out of his grip, walking to Luke. I grabbed his hand and brought him out of the classroom.

"I have to go to the nurse. I'm bringing you with me." I said. He just nodded, following me to the nurse. We got there and waited in the chairs, since she was busy helping someone. Probably Michael. She told me that she could stop to help me, since there was blood running down my face, but I told her I could wait. It's not like I wasn't used to bleeding.

"You shouldn't have done that." I said. He looked over at me.

"Done what?" He asked. I looked down, avoiding eye contact. 

"Stood up for me. I could've handled it." I said. He looked straight ahead of him. I looked at him now, since I wouldn't make eye contact.

"If I didn't do it for you then I would've done it for me. He needs to be put in his place." He said, looking at me. Nobody was around, so he leaned in and kissed me. It didn't last too long, though, since we were in school and we didn't want anyone to know we were together.

"There's blood all over your face." He said. He looked in pain for a moment, then his face went back to his previous emotion. I couldn't help but think if he was thinking of that night in the car when he saw my wrists covered in blood.

"Do I still look attractive?" I asked jokingly. He laughed.

"It's hard to look like something you never were." Michael said as he walked out of the nurse's office. The guys who brought him there just shoved him forward and they walked away. I sighed, staring at the place they disappeared to.

"You still look beautiful, by the way." Luke said. I looked over to where he was sitting. He was standing now, offering me a hand to take me into the nurse. I took it.

"Now, child, what the hell did you do to your face?" The nurse asked as I walked in. She didn't asked before. I'm guessing because Michael was here.

"I, uh, fell on a desk." I said. Luke laughed, and I hit him lightly in the stomach. Then I apologized, because I forgot Calum had punched him there.

"Why is that funny?" She asked Luke.

"Because he's lying." He said. I hit him again (this time in the arm) and politely told him to shut the fuck up.

"Yeah, I knew he was. I'm gonna guess he was pushed on a desk." She said, wetting a napkin and wiping the blood off my face. She lightly dabbed at the cut. She grabbed some kind of ointment and a bandage. I was glad the the cut wasn't deep enough to need stitches and that it was near my hairline, making it hard to notice.

"This might sting a little. Or a lot. We'll see." She said. I reached out for Luke's hand, which was already reaching for mine. She put the creamy ointment on and, as she said, it stung a lot. I squeezed Luke's hand. She put the bandage on, then she started fixing my hair. It was messed up since I had to hold it back. Most nurses wouldn't do that, but she was about twenty-three, so I kind of expected her to.

"There we go!" She said. She started making an ice pack for Luke.

"Oh, I don't need anything." He said. She zipped the zip-lock bag and tossed it at Luke.

"Shut up and put that on your stomach." She said. He listened, placing the ice pack on his stomach. Second period had already started, so Luke went off to his next class while I went back to Mr. Lushe's room.

"Hi." I said as I entered. He was sat on his desk. I pulled out a chair from one of the tables and sat at it.

"Michael and Calum are suspended for one week. I talked them out of suspending you and Luke. They called your parents, though. Your mum said she'd talk with you when you got home." He said. I almost told him that she's not my mum, but I stopped myself. I should call Laurie my mum by now.

"Okay." I responded. I didn't know why he called me in here just to say that.

"I'm a little upset with you, Ashton." He said. Just like everyone else. 

"Why?" I asked. I didn't really care enough to know, but he probably wouldn't let me leave until I asked.

"You told me you would talk to me if they were ever picking on you. Why didn't you?" He asked. I looked down at my feet. Eye contact always kills me.

"I don't know." I answered.

"I figured you would say that." He said, shaking his head.

"Well the principal is going to talk to all of you guys tomorrow during one of your classes. Michael and Calum's suspension will start after that. Will you remember that?" He asked. I nodded and he dismissed me.

I didn't really bother remembering that. I didn't plan to be alive tomorrow anyway.

~