goeie nag.

Luke's POV

I got my phone out to text Ashton goodnight before I went to bed. I hoped he was okay. I wanted to help him. I wanted to so bad, but I knew I couldn't. I'd be exposed.

I hid my phone somewhat so Michael and Calum couldn't see who I was texting. I had driven us to their house after our project since they invited me over. I couldn't say no. I was too scared to.

"Who are you texting?" Michael asked, sitting next to me on the bed. I shrugged, hiding my phone a bit more. Calum sighed. Shit. They knew who I was texting.

"Look, I know we're friends and everything, but you can't keep texting him if you don't want us to tell anyone." Calum said, crossing his arms and standing next to the bed. I shook my head, standing up so Calum and I were looking each other in the eye.

"What kind of friend does this? Friends are supposed to care for you. You're obviously a really shitty-" I was going to go on, but I was cut off by Calum slapping me in the face. Hard. My head jerked to the side, my hand going up to cup my cheek.

"Don't try this shit again, Hemmings." Calum said, walking out of the room and into the living room. Michael followed him. I flopped face-down onto the bed, burying my face into a pillow. I could feel tears burning at my eyes. My cheek hurt like hell.

I wanted to get out of here. I didn't want to be in the same house as the people who use my secrets against me. I regret telling them anything. They promised me they wouldn't judge me. No matter what. So I told them. 

I told them I had a crush on Ashton.

I started frantically packing all of my stuff. I was getting out of here. I'll leave out their window. It's not too high off the ground, so I'll survive. I wouldn't survive if I went out the front door, though. They'd see me. I opened the window, throwing my bag down first then jumping out myself. With my luck, it was pouring down rain. I got my keys out of my pocket and started making my way to my car. Once I got to it, I unlocked it and jumped in, putting my keys in the ignition and backing out of the driveway. I didn't know where to go.

I couldn't go home. My mum would ask me why I was home and why I was crying. I don't feel like answering those questions. I had no where to go. 

I found myself driving to the park with tears streaming down my face. I didn't know why I was crying, but I couldn't stop it. I parked in the parking lot of the park, leaning my head against the steering wheel. I didn't want to be alone. The park wasn't far from Ashton's house. Maybe two minutes away. I miss him.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Ashton's number. I prayed that he would answer. After about three rings, he did.

"What do you want, Luke?" He answered. He sounded annoyed. I'd be annoyed with me, too.

"Please, just hear me out." I said, my voice cracking. The rain outside picked up a little. Not too much that it would hurt if it made contact with you, but enough to be noticed.

"Are you crying?" Ashton asked, his tone now becoming the sound of a worried one. 

"Yeah, but I just wanted to say that I...I never wanted to leave you." I said. I was trying not to cry harder. My breathing was uneven. Ashton was quiet.

"Please, just-" I started, but was cut of by a sob. I started crying harder.

"Where are you?" He asked. I heard him moving around like he was gathering stuff.

"The p-park." I answered between sobs. He said okay then hung up. I threw my phone intot he seat next to me. Calm down, Luke. Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out. Repeat. I finally calmed myself down when I heard a knock on the window. I looked up to see a soaking wet Ashton. I kept the keys in and opened the door, getting out and shutting it behind me.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked. I ran a hand through my wet hair, walking forward a bit so I would have my back to him.

"I don't know." I replied, keeping my back to him. I didn't want to look at him. If I looked at him, I would kiss him.

"Luke, I'm trying, okay? Just talk to me and-" He started, but I cut him off by pushing his back against the car and attaching my lips to his. He was too shocked to do anything at first, but soon starting kissing me back. Our mouths moved together in sync. My tongue slid across his bottom lip, asking for entrance, which he granted. His hands tangled themselves throughout my wet hair. I let one of my hands slip down to his ass, grabbing it while the other one stayed firm on his waist. I let Ashton trail his lips down my neck until he found a soft spot and sucked on it. I moaned, and he slipped his hands up the front of my shirt. I slid my hands down the back of his pants. Ashton sucked on the spot on my neck until it left a mark. I leaned my forehead against his. We were both wet from the rain. Ashton went in for another kiss, but I stopped him, no matter how badly I wanted to continue.

"I'm sorry." I said, releasing him and going to the driver's seat of my car. The keys were still in the ignition, so I drove off without another word. 

It seemed heartless, but I was just trying to protect us both.

~