usiku mwema.

Ashton's POV

I went home when Luke left. It was completely unexpected. Sure, we were shouting at each other, but I think I at least deserved an explanation.

When I walked in the front door, I went directly to my room to put my phone on the charger. Laurie wanted me to check in with her whenever I got home from school. I always just texted her and told her I was okay even if I wasn't. She told me to tell her if I ever had the urge to cut again, but I won't. I've already worried her enough.

I heard my phone go off. It was probably just Laurie. I grabbed it, shocked when it wasn't Laurie, but instead Charlotte.

From: charlotte <3

aye bitch its friday do u have plans ??

From: ashton <3

lol no. but no parties.

From: charlotte <3

well my parents are out of town so i was wondering if u wanna come over & have like a movie nite?

From: ashton <3

sounds fun. lemme text laurie real quick.

From: charlotte <3

ok txt me after u ask her

From: ashton <3

kay.

I sent Laurie a text that told her where I was going to be. She was cool with it, so I told Charlotte I was on my way. She sent me directions and I walked there, since it didn't seem too far. Luckily, I was right. 

I went up to the front door and knocked. It wasn't long before I was greeted by her. She still had on her high-waisted jeans and white sweater, which was tucked in. She moved aside so I could come in. 

"Your house is so cute." I said, looking around. There was a tiny brown couch that had multiple Christmas blankets on it. She had cookies on a plate in the kitchen. There was a fireplace that had stockings on it. There was a set of stairs with a railing that was decorated with lights.

"Thanks." She said. I turned around and looked at her. Something was different. I squinted my eyes, finally realizing what was different.

"You got the rest purple!" I said, walking closer to her and grabbing a strand of her hair. Before, she just had the tips, but now it was all purple. She had it thrown up in a messy ponytail, which she somehow pulled off.

"Took you long enough to notice! So is it cute?" She asked.

"Freaking adorable." I said. She smiled. 

"There's a bunch of movies over there on the table. Pick one out while I got make some popcorn." She said. I nodded, walking over to the stack of movies and going threw them. I found The Heat and grabbed it. It was my favourite movie. I walked into the kitchen and put it on the counter.

"Good choice." She said. I heard the popcorn popping. I grabbed my phone, going to settings and looking at the internet options. One was titled Wilson, which is Charlotte's last name. I assume that's hers. I groaned, seeing there was a password.

"What's your WiFi password?" I asked. 

"Password." She said. 

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked again.

"It's password." She answered. I laughed.

"Loser." I said, typing it in. It worked. The microwave beeped.

"It's easy to remember." She said, grabbing the popcorn out of the microwave. I shook my head, walking over to the couch. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. Then I felt something jump on my lap.

"Oh, my goodness gracious. Why didn't you tell me you had a kitten?" I said, petting its tiny head. It was precious.

"Are you allergic or something?" She asked.

"No. I just fucking love them." I answered.

"I can tell you feel very strongly towards kittens." She said. 

"Is it obvious?" I asked.

"Yeah. You look like you're sexually attracted towards them." She said, laughing. I shook my head.

"No. I'm sexually attracted towards dicks." I said, holding up a peace sign. She laughed.

"Same." She said. She jumped on the couch from behind, surprisingly not dropping any popcorn from the bowl. I jumped.

"Jesus, Charlotte!" I yelled. She laughing, throwing some popcorn in the air and catching it in her mouth.

"Oh, my God! First try! First bloody try!" She shouted, clapping and doing a little dance.

"Step aside, bitch. I can do that." I said, grabbing a piece of popcorn and throwing it in the air. It hit the lens of my glasses and bounced on my lap. It was attacked and devoured by the kitten that was still placed on my lap.

"I'm here all week." I said, doing my own little dance. Charlotte started making it rain on me with popcorn, and I laughed along with her.

"Shit, I never put the movie in." She said, jumping up and running into the kitchen to get it. She put it in, grabbing a blanket and put it over us. We propped our feet up on the table. I put my arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder. Then the movie began.

~