gute nacht.

Ashton's POV

Michael. Michael. Out of all the people in the class, I get stuck with the one who took away my best friend. I shouldn't judge him, he could be a nice guy. Maybe it was all Luke who did that, I don't know. But from what I do know, he sounds like a complete dick.

People came up to him and said sorry. Sorry? Do I have like a disease or something? Is there something wrong with me? I pulled my sleeves down over my hands. I grabbed a pencil and walked over to Michael, who was still sitting by Luke and Calum.

"So do you guys want to come over to my house after school?" I heard Luke ask. I wish it was me. I wish was the one that he was inviting over. 

"Yeah. Don't know how we're going to get there, though. Our parents won't take us to go get our learner's permit." Calum said, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. I guess they were fifteen like Luke. I guess I'm younger than everybody then.

"It's cool. I have mine. I'll drive us." Luke said, smiling. He liked to brag about it a lot. Like, a lot. 

"Don't you have to drive with an adult?" Michael asked. Luke shrugged.

"My mum doesn't care if I just drive home because I don't live that far away." He said. I decided now was the time I could bump in. I let out a small cough, letting them know I was here.

"Oh, hey." Michael greeted, rolling his eyes. I waved. Could you be anymore awkward, Ashton? Fucking hell. 

"So, uh, we're partners, I guess." I said, sitting down next to him. I stared at the floor. I heard them laugh at me. 

"I feel sorry for myself." Michael said. I got up and walked to a different table, waiting for Michael to follow. But he never did.

~

I ended up just working by myself the entire period. It was kind of pathetic, actually. Nobody wanted to sit by me. I guess I'm disgusting if Luke isn't friends with me. People used to talk to me all the time when we were friends. Weird.

I was at lunch now. I had headphones in and a book open. I took occasional bites of my sandwich, but mainly focused on my book. It's about some sarcastic writer who hates everyone and blackmails his school to get into the college he wants. He's cool.

I saw people sit down across from me out of the corner of my eye. I looked up, curious of who would actually want to sit by me. I was met by a girl and a boy sitting by me. 

"Hey." The girl greeted, taking stuff out of her lunchbox. I waved, taking out my headphones and pausing the Green Day song that was playing. 

"We're partners for the social studies project. We saw you sitting alone and just thought you were lonely. You seem pretty cool." The boy said. I gave him a smile. I needed friends, and these people didn't seem half bad, seeing that she was wearing a Sleeping With Sirens shirt and he was wearing an All Time Low one. 

"I like your shirts." I said. The two smiled. I saw that their hands were laced together. I'm assuming they're a couple.

"I'm Ryan, and this is Charlotte." The boy, Ryan, said. He was pretty cute, brown hair that was cut kind of short. Charlotte was beautiful, with blonde hair that faded into a light purple.

"I'm Ashton." I said, closing my book as I didn't think I'd need it that much now. Maybe I'll make myself some new friends. 

~

I got out of the shower and threw on a pair of sweats. I was actually planning on cutting for the first time in awhile tonight, but Ryan and Charlotte brought my mood up a lot. Maybe I'll be able to keep myself clean for a little longer now.

My phone buzzed with a text. I grabbed it off of its spot on my radio. I connected it to listen to some music while I got ready for bed. I opened the text, which was from the last person I wanted to talk to.

 From: Lukeybear

Goodnight Ash

From: Ashyboo

stop texting me, asshole.

From: Lukeybear

Goodnight 

From: Ashyboo

goodnight, jerk. 

I dropped my phone beside me, grabbing a pillow and screaming into it. I put my phone on the charger and snuggled up in my blanket. I listened to More Than This by One Direction, waiting for sleep to overtake me.

~