jó éjszakát.

Ashton's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. It was Saturday, but we had that stupid field trip for our projects. That means I have to spend a whole day with Michael. Oh, joy. 

I got out of bed to get ready. Why did we have to be there at eight in the morning? I had to wake up at seven. It's too early for even old people to be up. 

I hopped in the shower since I forgot to take one last night. I wanted to just stay in there since showers are good for thinking and clearing my head, but I sadly had to take a quick one. That was very upsetting. I got out of the shower, brushed my teeth, and put on skinny jeans and a hoodie. Who do I have to impress?

I decided to walk to the school since I didn't want to wake Laurie or Stephen up to drive me. They already work so hard for me. I should let them sleep in on one of their only days off. I plugged my headphones into my phone and began my journey to the school. It only took about half an hour.

I was one of the last people to get there. Most of the students had been able to drive, as they're fifteen. Then there's me, who's still fourteen and unable to. Luke could drive. So could Michael and Calum. 

"Okay, everyone. It's time to go. Make sure you sit by your partner on the bus." Our teacher announced. I heard Michael groan. I sighed. Same, Michael. Same. 

I sat on the inside of the bus seat while Michael sat on the outside. Calum and Luke were across the aisle from us so they could all talk. I kept my eyes on the scenery outside the window. My knee was grazing Michael's, which was already closer to him than I would prefer.

The bus started and we were on our way. We were going to the ghetto part of our town. That was the oldest part of our town. Then we were going to the newest part of our town, which was around the mall and Macca's. 

We reached our destination and all of us rushed off the bus. Mainly me. I was already feeling crowded in there. I waited patiently for Michael, since he thought it was so much cooler to be the last one off the bus. What a douchebag. As I expected, he was the last one off the bus.

"So, how are we going to do this? Like, I do the older part and you do the newer part?" I asked Michael nervously. He smirked, handing all of our papers to me.

"How about you do all of it and I'll sign my name at the top?" He asked. It didn't even sound like a question. It sounded like an order. I just nodded. Whatever would make me able to leave quicker. 

I wondered around the area that we had to stay in. Michael had left to hang out with Calum and Luke. He said they needed more help on this than I did. I just told him to shut up and fuck off. He didn't say anything else.

This wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be. I had my headphones on and I just had to write down the characteristics of the area. I was taking pictures on my phone of the most interesting parts, too. I figured I could print them out and get some extra credit for them. Maybe Michael will finally be satisfied with me. 

Eventually I had to go find Michael. Once we were done with this area, we had to walk to the other one. We had to inform our teacher that we were leaving first, so I had to have Michael to do that. It took me about ten minutes to find him.

"We have to got to the other place now." I told Michael as I approached the three. He nodded and all of them followed me. I guess they were finished, too. Or they didn't do any of it. I really don't care enough to find out which. 

We got the okay from our teacher and we started our walk to the next area. I walked in front of them because I didn't want to be anywhere near them. I could feel them kicking rocks at my back, but I didn't care. This'll all be over soon. 

We made it to the new parts and I immediately left them to explore around here. I wasn't as interested in this area, but I still wrote down the characteristics and took pictures. I walked past the mall and started writing about it. I mentioned Hot Topic quite a few times in what I wrote about it. I snapped a couple pictures, too. We weren't supposed to go inside, so I was done after that. I went to find Michael. 

When I found him, he was behind the mall with Calum and Luke. I sighed. I could see Calum and Luke's blank paper, meaning they have done no work on the new area.

"Michael, I'm done. Come with me to the teacher so I can go home." I said. We were supposed to take the bus back to the school then leave from there, but I had Laurie write me a note saying I had permission to walk home since I knew I would get done early. 

"Why? The fun is just starting." Michael said. I was confused at first, but it all made sense to me when he grabbed me and threw me to the ground. Calum picked me up by my shirt and pushed me against the wall. Michael punched me in the face. Luke stayed behind. He didn't look to happy about this. Michael and Calum just threw a ton of punches and kicks. I was too hurt to keep track of what was happening. 

Eventually it all stopped and I heard them walk away. Michael had took our papers. He was probably going to take all the credit for them. Whatever. It's my fucking handwriting and the teacher knows that. Mine's a special kind of sloppy. 

"Hey, are you alright?" I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes to see a red-headed boy. He looked ike he was about twenty. I nodded. He offered me a hand up, which I accepted. I knew I couldn't get up on my own.

"You need me to drive you home or anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I can walk." I said. I tried to take a step forward. Pain struck me and I fell, hitting the ground and grabbing my stomach. The boy helped me back up.

"Okay, I'm driving you home." He said. I didn't put up a fight this time. He put all of his shopping bags on one arm and helped my with the other. We got to his car and he put me in the passenger's seat. I waited while he put his bags in the trunk. He got in the driver's seat and started the car. I told him my address.

"I'm Ed, by the way." He said. I nodded. There was silence for a couple seconds.

"This is normally the part where you tell me your name." He said. I looked at him, then looked back at the window.

"Ashton." I said quietly. He nodded.

"You don't look too old, Ashton. How old are you?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Fourteen." I said. I didn't want to talk much. I just wanted to curl up in my bed and die.

"I was right. You aren't that old. I'm twenty-three." He said. I just nodded again. I took notice of the guitar case in his back seat.

"You play guitar?" I asked. He looked back at it and nodded.

"It's what I do for a living. I perform every Sunday at this one place. Pays great. Do you play?" He asked. I nodded. Stephen taught me to when I was eleven. He also taught me how to play drums and Laurie taught me piano.

"I play the drums and piano, too." I said. He looked impressed.

"Do you got a nice voice?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Probably not as good as yours, but yeah, I do." I said. He smiled.

"So what happened to you? I understand if you don't want to talk about it." He said. I sighed. Might as well tell him.

"Just some assholes beat me up. It's whatever, though. Doesn't matter." I said. He gasped.

"It does matter! Here, how about you give me a call if you ever need me. That sound okay?" He asked, pulling into my driveway. He had a British accent even though we lived in Australia. I just nodded and let him put his number in my phone. I said goodbye and went into my house.

I grabbed my razor and went into the bathroom. This is what I needed. This is what I deserved.

~