oíche mhaith.

Ashton's POV

I walked into school with a little bit more confidence than normal. This time, I might actually have friends to greet me. Maybe Ryan and Charlotte decided that they wanted to stay friends with me. I wonder if they would still want to be friends with me if they knew more about me. I'm gay, are they against that? 

I shook the thoughts out of my head and went to the cafeteria to wait for school to start. Freshman waited in the cafeteria while all the other grades waited in the gym. I don't know why; it's not like us freshman are a danger to the older kids. In my opinion, the seniors should wait separately from the others.

I sat at an empty table and hoped that the two from yesterday would sit by me. I'm already an easy target, let alone while there's nobody here to protect me. 

My hopes came true when I heard someone sit by me, looking up to see a girl with purple tips. 

"Hey." Charlotte said, setting her stuff down on the table. I took my earbud out. I only had one on in the first place, but I took it out anyway because I want to keep her as a friend. 

"Hi. Where's Ryan?" I asked. Oh, no. What if he didn't like me? What if she came over here to tell me to stop talking to them? I bet they regret even talking to me in the first place. I covered my worry with a mask of calmness, even though I was quite the opposite of calm.

"He doesn't get to school early. Says he's too cool for school but too lame for fame." She said, laughing. I sighed in relief at the fact that I was just overreacting. I tend to do that quite a bit.

"Hey, let me see your phone." She said. I handed it to her gently because I heard iPhone screens crack easily.

"What's the password?" She asked. I sighed, knowing that I still needed to change that, yet couldn't bring myself to do it.

"5-8-5-3." I answered. She typed it in, gaining access to my phone. I didn't have any games on there, if that's what she wanted. I only had Tumblr, Twitter, Snapchat, Netflix, Wanelo, and Keek. Nothing interesting. Just normal ones. 

"Your password stand for something?" She asked. It did, but I didn't plan on telling her that my password was Luke's name.

"Yeah, but you're not going to know." I said, smiling. She pouted, typing away on my phone.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, trying to look at the screen, but she moved that phone away.

"Adding mine and Ryan's numbers." She said, giggling. I nodded, allowing her to do so. She held the phone up and smiled, most likely to take a selfie for the contact picture. 

"Here, add your number in my phone. I better see a selfie for your contact picture or else." She said, giving me a fake glare.

"I feel so threatened." I said sarcastically, taking her phone from her hands. I entered my number and put my contact name as Ashton with a peace sign emoji. I held up her phone and smiled, selecting the capture button and called it good.

"Awe, your selfie!" She said when I handed her the phone back. 

"I'll take that as a good thing." I said, smiling. She still had my phone, but I didn't really care as I didn't have much to hide. I still wondered what she was doing, though.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She looked up at me for a second, then back at the phone.

"Sending myself some of your pictures and selfies." She said. I nodded, not really caring. The only thing that'll freak her out is when she comes across a picture of some hot guy shirtless. That should be pretty soon, as that's the majority of my gallery. 

"This guy is hot." She said, turning the phone my way. As I expected, there was a picture of a shirtless guy. 

"I know right." I agreed. I didn't care if she knew I was gay; what's the point in having friends if they don't accept you no matter what?

"Are you gay?" She asked with no hesitation. I nodded, and she smiled and took it as if it was just everyday news. 

"I wouldn't tell Ryan, though. He's not against it or anything, but I figure you want to keep this a secret and he's not good at keeping secrets." She said, handing me my phone back. I nodded. She talks a lot. 

"Hey." Ryan said, putting his stuff down on the table, giving Charlotte a kiss. 

"This is a public place, guys." I said, covering my face up, acting disgusted. 

"Shhh." Ryan said, flicking my face.

"Bitch, I dare you to try that again." I said, trying to act intimidating, which is hard when you're me. I'm about as violent and intimidating as a pink butterfly that's stuck on a marshmallow. Ryan was about to say something, but the sound of the bell cut him off. We said our goodbyes and I made my way to homeroom, dreading it since I had this class with Luke.

~