Chapter 3

As we continue this long journey, I am beginning to wonder if driving a car is something I should be doing with a cranky she-wolf in the passenger seat and a headache pounding at my temple - especially when we had to go five hours out of our way to avoid the Crimson Edge and Sanguis Silence Packs.

We arrive in southern Louisiana and drive through miles of swamp, which had an eerie beauty to it. I could actually see the appeal in living here, unlike Sienna, who seemed bored of looking at the scenery out the window of the car. We followed the navigation until we came to a driveway beside the road, which seemed like forever to get to. We have to park there since you had to walk the rest of the way in. The directions told us to walk over a wooden bridge and down a dirt path. The wooden bridge off to the side seemed like it is going to snake through the swamp. Snake funny I thought. There are probably plenty of those here.

Sienna seems uneasy about walking on the wooden bridge, but she doesn't have much choice. We cross over the bridge mentioned in our directions. It is a simple bridge made of wooden planks that looked like they were worn from the hot, humid Louisiana weather and age. It wound through luscious greenery dotted with yellow flowers. I'm sure it looked like this due to what some would think is the somewhat oppressive weather in southern Louisiana, which I find somewhat similar to home - so it only bothers me slightly.

The path isn't so bad, even the alligators and snakes didn't seem to rattle me much. They are both just creatures like I am, and they aren't bothering me at all. So twenty minutes of traveling on the wooden walkway gave way to a dirt path that looked like it went for miles with trees creating an intricate canopy above it.

Of course we don't get to see much because of the welcoming party we received. Six guys came up quickly from the surrounding trees. By the looks of them they are warriors, especially with the scowls on their faces, but looks can be deceiving.

"I hoped they remembered the old adage, "Don't shoot the messenger." I mutter to my cousin, Sienna.

"Don't shoot the messenger? How about don't shoot the messengers? I'm not about to die after traveling to give this message to the Alpha." Sienna whines.

This guy came leisurely strolling up to us with 5 or 6 guys with him. Some guy, shorter than most in skinny jeans, a black fitted shirt came strolling up behind the warriors. His white hair styled, for this weather - styled? Beta Julian, I assume from the descriptions that were sent before we left on our little adventure.

"Would you guys relax! No shooting the lovely ladies...at least take them out to dinner first." Beta Julian calls out, shooing away the warriors with a smirk on his face.

All leave but this cute, curly haired guy with a dark complexion, looking to be around 16 or 17.

"Is there a problem Brazil?" Julian calls out to the guy. Brazil interesting name. I think.

"No sir." This kid, Brazil replies, but he stays almost rooted in his place.

Julian notices and turns to him with a smirk. "Do you want to take one of these lovely ladies out to dinner?"

"Noo sir." He stutters as he rushes away.

"Do you always have this effect on guys?" Julian questions me.

"Do I have that effect on you?" I shot back.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't decided if I will take you to dinner first or later." He counters.

Sienna and I just roll our eyes at this pretty boy who thinks he is all that.

"So you must be the infamous Beta Julian." I scoff.