Chapter 5

Julian is going to get in now. Damn jolly ranchers. Took me forever to get that sticky film out of my hair. Knowing that crème-filled doughnuts were one of his favorites, I pick some up when I went for supplies - along with some Orajel. We were going to stay longer than I had originally planned, so I didn't pack enough personal supplies. Shit just got taken to another level.

"So Sienna, I got the supplies." I whisper to Sienna, after I arrive back at the pack house.

"What did you get?" She asks.

"Maximum Strength Orajel and crème-filled doughnuts." I inform her.

"For what?"

"We can add mayonnaise to the crème-filled doughnuts."

"That's just gross!" She exclaims.

"So is taking a shower with jolly ranchers."

"Ok. Next."

"We add Maximum Strength Orajel to Julian's toothpaste. It should make his mouth numb pretty quickly." I grin.

Sienna says to me. "That's a terrible, incredibly foolish idea. Let's do it and see what happens."

So we doctored his toothpaste while he is sleeping and waited for a reaction. From the kitchen the next morning we hear this.

"Ooo ebol libble gurss!! Um geddin' ooo bag fur dis!!"

"Who and what is that?" Romain asks.

"It is Julian, and I believe the translation would be 'You evil little girls!! I'm getting you back for this!!' but I couldn't be certain." Sienna chuckles, while I am laughing so hard I am about to cry.

"What did you girls do?" Brazil chides.

"We might have added Maximum Strength Orajel to his toothpaste." Sienna shrugs with an evil grin, however, I still couldn't speak.

"You do know that is a dangerous game, right?" Romain quips.

"And it's ours to win." I smirk still trying to catch my breath from laughing.

Walking through the pack house after this morning's training, I notice an amazing smell coming from the kitchen. It has a sweet note to it, and I love sweets so I go to check it out. My mouth almost dropped in the floor when I saw Julian practically dancing around the kitchen.

"Do I need to buy you an apron?"

"I would make it look good - wouldn't I?" Julian chuckles.

"Now JD, what are you making in here?"

"Red velvet cheesecake, devil's food cake and chocolate chip cookies."

"Are they going to be edible?"

"You doubt me E? I'm hurt."

"Why would I think that the Beta of the pack and prankster is a good cook?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You don't have to be a female to be a good cook and baker."

"Of course I know that - I've watched enough of Food Network to know that. It's just not something I expected from you. Who taught you to cook anyway?"

"My dad. Believe it or not my mom was not a good cook. She got to distracted with other things, so stuff usually burned."

"What was she like?"

Julian stands there silently with his eyes seeming to tear up.

"You don't have to talk about it JD if you don't want to."