Chapter 11

Whistling as I'm going back up to the pack house, a huge smile on my face from Devaney's anctics. She still isn't talking yet, but I'm hopeful. Rin and Gryphon say her activity level and socialization has increased dramatically since I've been visiting regularly. This makes me so thankful to Romain for taking me to the orphan home in the first place. But this isn't the only thing on my mind while I'm in a good mood. Julian Damon Le Tourneau. Pesky ass is now in my system. But this brings up my questions about his fangs.

Luckily, I just happen to run into Scarlett while I'm coming in the front door, who looks like she is going to get herself some late lunch. It is apparent that she got a better nights sleep, which she deserves. Knowing how stressful these types of situations are when a pack plans on attacking, I'm glad she looks more rested today.

"Problems?" She inquiries - seeing the puzzled look on my face.

"No...yeah...shit, it's too complicated." I stammer out, not sure how to approach this subject, so I am struggling to come up with the correct wording.

"Life usually is." She concludes and turns to leave.

"Wait Scarlett, I have a question about fangs." I blurt out, not wanting to miss my opportunity to ask about this subject privately - well relatively private.

"Ask away."

"Do they only just descend when you need to feed or feel threatened?"

"There are many situations where they can come down."

"Cryptic much?" I joke but keep a somewhat serious look on my face to know that the answer isn't specific enough.

"Is there a specific event that has caused you to ask this question?" but she seems to be teasing me for some reason - like she already knows something.

"Well sometimes when Julian and I are talking or joking around I notice that his fangs have come out. I am really worried that I've says something wrong to make him mad. Honestly, at times, it is kind of scary because I don't have any experience with being around vampires. So I wanted to ask. Have I offended him in any way?"

"No I doubt it." She chuckles but continues. "Fangs can come out for feeding, but also when we feel strong emotions like fear and excitement."

"Excitement?" I question.

"Yes the fangs can come down when the male is excited - well a female, too. It's a perfectly normal response."

"Excited?" I mumble, but I feel the heat build up in my cheeks - probably turning a nice shade of pink.

"Seriously Eva? Like I don't know what goes on here." She smirks and winks before she walks off. Damn hormones.

Well I guess that lets me know that I do have an effect on Julian - damn fate and mates!

~~~~~~

Oh this one is going to be brilliant. Julian would be going to his bathroom momentarily to do his hair because he had a meeting today.

"Are you sure about this Eva?" Sienna asks seriously - like maybe I should rethink this plan - NOT!!!.

"Sure. What's the worst that could happen." I remark, as I put the baby powder in Julian's hair dryer.

Soon enough, we could see the puff of white dust from the hallway.

"Merde! Fils de pute!" I hear and can only imagine he's cursing. "Dammit Eva! Do you know how long it takes to do my hair! I have a meeting in an hour!!!" Julian's yells angrily, and me and Mariah high five each other as all three of us laugh.