Chapter 6

The next morning I am awakened earlier than normal. My usual wake up time is 6am, but by the darkness outside this has to be earlier. There is an annoying alarm clock going off somewhere in my room, that I can't find. Then I hear another one going off in the room next to mine - Sienna's room. Apparently she can't find hers either, and both of the alarms were going off simultaneously - for a very long time, I might add.

"Julian!" I scream, slamming open his bedroom door. "Where did you hide the damn alarm clocks in our rooms. You are going to wake the whole pack house!" I bellow shaking him awake.

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Do you hear those damn alarms! If you don't get your ass out of bed and go shut them off I'm not the only one that is going to pissed at this time of the morning!" I continue earnestly.

"Fine! Fine!" He smirks knowingly, as he threw his covers off of him revealing his is wearing nothing at all.

"Julian!!!" I screech. Although I have six brothers, this isn't my brother, so I blushed a little. I'm not expecting him to sleep with nothing on.

"What do you expect?" He snickers - standing there shamelessly without making any effort to put some sort of clothing on.

"Some clothes?" I argue, but damn I can't help but notice how big he is.

"Would a pair of boxers really make this situation better?" He replies raising an mocking eyebrow.

"Maybe. I wouldn't have to wait for you to put something on."

"Why are you waiting anyway?" He smugly grins.

"Hurry up Asshole!" I yell.

"You're the one wasting time asking me about my clothing. Aimez-vous ce que vous voyez?" He retorts, but has a mischievous glint to his eyes. Damn French..

"What? Oh, just hurry!" I continued, as I ran out of the room with Julian chuckling behind me.

"You better find them soon! Scarlett's murderously cranky when she's woken up before six am!" I smirk - thinking about the trouble Julian could be in. "Then she'll be happy to know who to kill when I tell her it is you who did this!" I persist.

I chuckle a bit at the sound of a dresser slamming open and closed, quickly followed by Julian sprinting in front of me like a madman. Looks like I've gotten a bit of revenge already. "You better hurry Julian! Alpha is cranky before 6 am!"

"Shut up!!"

Game On

As I dismiss everyone from today's training session, I notice the retreating form of a particular warrior that had caught my attention. Mostly due to both her impressive skills and general lack of socialization with most of the other warriors.

"Mariah, wasn't it?" I call to the girl with red hair, and she turns to face me with a bloody hand cradled against her stomach.

"Yes, I am." She replies almost stiffly, like it was more of a habit than just a normal response.

"That injury looks pretty bad, would you like me to fix it for you?" I offer, and she hesitates.

"It's not necessary, but thank you. I was heading to the infirmary." She replies, and I can clearly sense the wariness she has for me. Sharing a look with Sienna, I decide on a different approach.

"Would you mind showing me the infirmary then? Since you're going there, and we haven't seen it yet." I ask, and she bites her lip for a moment before she answers.

"Of course, follow me."

She returns to walking in the direction of the infirmary as me and Sienna follow quietly behind her, both of us speculating about exactly what's behind that stoic and wary act of hers as we reach a small building with a sign reading 'Blackrose Infirmary, non-emergency treatment'. As we enter, the scent of both herbs and bleach fills my nose, which quickly reminds me both medically trained wolves and vampires, and witch healers work here, offering a variety of healing methods.