Chapter 20

Eva POV

Driving up, I notice the New Dawn pack house is a colonial revival style house with white exterior and black shutters. We walk into a grand foyer that has staircase up to a second floor. I could see a great room and what looked like a dining table to the right of it beyond here - probably a modern redesign to an open floor plan.

The style of furniture within this house is a little too fancy for my tastes although I admit that the antiques are beautiful - someone has good taste in this style of furniture. At this moment, I can only just imagine what the rest of the pack house looks like, because Sienna starts sniffing the air around us.

Following Sienna up the staircase to what I imagine are the guest rooms, the smell tells me this is also the space where some people get busy. I just wish that person hadn't decided to get busy this afternoon, because apparently this was going to cause some major problems for not only Sienna but me.

At first she has a smile on her face but it immediately turns into a frown. She heads straight for the staircase that leads upstairs. No one hurts my cousin!

"What is Sienna doing?" Callum asks.

"Is there anyone here at the moment?"

"There could be. There are guest rooms upstairs that the pack members use on occasion." but I hear the undertones to that explanation.

"I hope that pack member isn't using the room for activities or we might have problems." I hiss.

"Why?"

Before I could answer a scream comes from ahead of us. I might have been following Sienna but apparently not close enough.

"What's wrong Sienna?" I ask my sobbing best friend.

"Not only did he not wait for me, but I walk in on him with someone else."

"Who?" I ask like I don't already know the answer to this question.

"My mate." She wales.

"Where's the bastard?!" I scream.

"Last door on the right."

Not waiting for anyone, I march down to the room and throw the door open. Thankfully the two are in the process of getting dressed. The cute blonde-haired, blue-eyed guy looks up from the squatting position he's in, and that is the perfect height for me. Quickly I ball my right hand up and give two quick jabs - both hitting him squarely on the jaw.

I don't like violence, but that felt so satisfying. After this, I rush out of the pack house after Sienna. This might not be the first time in the history of mates for a someone to walk in on their mate having sex with another person, but Sienna isn't just some person in stories - she's my best friend and she needs me.

Luckily I drove to New Dawn, because Sienna needs to get out of here and I'm not leaving her by herself - Callum be damned.

So much for Sienna finding her mate. I know he was having sex with someone, but at least it wasn't after he knew he had a mate.

"Sienna I know you've saved yourself for your mate, but at least he didn't know about you personally when he slept with that girl."

She looks up wiping the tears from her eyes, sniffling before answering - a mixture of sadness and anger in her voice. "That doesn't help much, sorry, but it doesn't and on top of it I had to walk in and see the whole scene. I want to go home."

Knowing what my cousin needs, I make my mind up quickly. "Ok lets go."

She pauses momentarily looking at me with concern. "What about your mate?"